Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Air Euorpa FB... or CO One PASS

Old Jan 20, 08, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAadvantage EXP, UA MilagePlus

Will be taking a transatlantic flight on Air Europa and was wondering what is my best option to put these miles... I live in MAD right now and I am already a AA Platinum but have been considering a second option for flying out of MAD... Have miles still parked on OnePass where I was for some time Elite but now what will be better and how soon can i get elite status on FB... are there any quick ways there as with AA... thanks Jorge
Old Jan 20, 08, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
depending on what booking classes you fly, FB will get you Elite + status much much quicker ... if that is what you are looking for.
Old Jan 20, 08, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Also check out the other thread on the front page of the form that talks about finding a SkyTeam partner to park miles in (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776058) for more information.
Old Jan 20, 08, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
I think the booking class that you'd normally be using should play a big role in determining the program.

Will you be using this account enough annually to earn elite status anywhere?
If not then you might just keep using CO since the 50% eqm penalty on cheap fares won't matter. If you'll be flying enough to maintain your AA status plus status in a Skyteam airline then you really need to examine the programs according to what fare classes you use. CO won't be good if you use cheap coach fares, but might be better than Flying Blue if you use Business fares. Flying Blue has a much lower threashold for attaining Elite Plus status as do some of the other non-North American based programs.