Skyteam to Fiji from Southeast US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr

It seems KE is the only Skyteam carrier that flies to NAN, the main Fijan airport. I can't seem to find itineraries on DL or NW websites (thought they would cobble together any Skyteam itineraries available). Orbitz gives overpriced itineraries on DL or NW, then KE thru NRT, and THEN ICN.

Why can't one of these sites just put together a more direct ATL-ICN-NAN itineraray?? Am I missing something here?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
ST does not serve this area well. NAN is generally and FJ route at the best of times and FJ wont join ST anytime soon since it is almost half owned by QF.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can always try forcing it using the multiple cities option for ATL-ICN on day 1 and then ICN-NAN on day 2 or 3, depending on the timing for the connection and something similar on the return. Depending on the ticketing carrier they may not publish fares on the ATL-NAN routing, so it would be trying to assemble 2 tickets back to back which may add to the cost.

KE publishes fares on the route using only their metal (some involve a 24+ hour connection in ICN which indicates to me that ICN-NAN is not operated daily) and you'd have to find your way to ATL. That being said, that fare may be more expensive than the multi-stop that you're seeing which is why the various sites aren't showing it.

Finally, the carriers' sites are known to skew the search options to keep you on their metal as long as possible to maximize their revenue. You are likely experiencing this phenomenon as well.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:03 pm

Sorry to say, but you need to forget Skyteam for the South Pacific...It just does not work in terms of price or reasonable routings..Though it is not the best carrier out there, nothing will beat the standard Air Pacific fares LAX NAN LAX...Connecting via Auckland or Australia will also only inflate it

Forgoe the miles on this one
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you're willing to mix and match carriers/flights another option is the AF LAX-PPT flight and then a different PPT-NAN flight. I have no idea if the connections are any good, and I'm sure it is cost prohibitive, but it is an option.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Got an itinerary to work, using the multi-city approach, but the COACH fares were between $3500 and $6000. I never would have imagined anyone would be charged that for a Coach seat on any airline to any point on the planet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.