Wiki Posts
Search

When to snatch summer oneway from LHR savings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2007, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver
Question When to snatch summer oneway from LHR savings

I just had a huge drop in my cash flow, so I'm trying to work early (and thus save) on getting home for the summer from LHR to ORD/DTW/GRR/Michigan, first week of August 2008.

I can find great tickets on Air India for $440 one way Aug 1,3,5 to ORD. But Air India is not skyteam, and I would love the mileos, so how might I arrange cheap one ways through DL/KL/NW/whatever?

Currently the cheapest skyteamer is AF at around $1000

Is there a better time to buy high summer season TATL one ways back to the states through Skyteam? Is this the lowest I'll find it, or will a skyteamer go in the sub $500 range before August? Should I wait till the new year or jump on this cheapo Air India fare?

Thanks in advance,
Simon
Old Nov 25, 2007, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by NWASimon
I just had a huge drop in my cash flow, so I'm trying to work early (and thus save) on getting home for the summer from LHR to ORD/DTW/GRR/Michigan, first week of August 2008.

I can find great tickets on Air India for $440 one way Aug 1,3,5 to ORD. But Air India is not skyteam, and I would love the mileos, so how might I arrange cheap one ways through DL/KL/NW/whatever?

Currently the cheapest skyteamer is AF at around $1000

Is there a better time to buy high summer season TATL one ways back to the states through Skyteam? Is this the lowest I'll find it, or will a skyteamer go in the sub $500 range before August? Should I wait till the new year or jump on this cheapo Air India fare?

Thanks in advance,
Simon
Have you tried from AMS? A shuttle from LHR is pretty cheap if there is a good ST flight ex AMS.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver
Re: avidflyer, yes currently AMS (via expedia.com/kayak/farecompare) can't beat the $440 oneway LHR-ORD via Air India. Will sub-$500 fares comes through AMS later?
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by NWASimon
Re: avidflyer, yes currently AMS (via expedia.com/kayak/farecompare) can't beat the $440 oneway LHR-ORD via Air India. Will sub-$500 fares comes through AMS later?
I doubt you are going to beat that price. NW typically sells OW tickets at the higher fare classes though sometimes a RT can be cheaper but at summer high season...I don't think you are going to beat what you have.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 1:47 pm

I just booked a DTW-AMS-MAN (KLM) & LHR-PAR-DTW (AF) for 500$ all in. But the fare is gone.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:31 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SirJman
I just booked a DTW-AMS-MAN (KLM) & LHR-PAR-DTW (AF) for 500$ all in. But the fare is gone.
For next summer - high season?
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
This is more of a SkyTeam general thread, so off it'll go to the SkyTeam forum for housekeeping with a redirect left in the nwa Forum.

slippahs
nwa WorldPerks forum co-moderator
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
For next summer - high season?
For over Christmas-New Years. So I guess its high season.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try Eire. Because EI have cheap oneway fares, the American competition also offer them. Oneway fares to ORD start at just €150+taxes etc, and CO and DL both publish fares from both DUB and SNN. You can get from England to Ireland for very little money on EI (there's Ryanair, too, but I'd rather not fly them).
Old Nov 26, 2007, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

graraps is right. ex-DUB and ex-SNN are much cheaper for oneway flights to ORD. DL and CO will have to be your choices if youwant ST. In addition to EI, BD is also a good alternative for cheap flights to DUB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.