Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Master thread to document China Southern's entry (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread to document China Southern's entry (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
[QUOTE=spgaston;8684063]I am very tall and asked about an exit row at checkin and they said it was against regulation. Perhaps because I don't speak Chinese?QUOTE]

I was told the same thing 2 weeks ago checking in with CZ at HKG. According to the check-in agent, it is a rule that exit row PAX have to speak Mandarin.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: FB PfL; Virgin AU Velocity Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Tufty Club
China Southern logo included within SkyteamTimetable

Another observation, the China Southern logo has just been included within the latest SkyteamTimetable application..... seems like the ST timetable team is a little quicker off the mark than the ST web designers
Old Nov 11, 2007, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
Another observation, the China Southern logo has just been included within the latest SkyteamTimetable application..... seems like the ST timetable team is a little quicker off the mark than the ST web designers..........

Really, I don't see it. Where should I look? Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2007, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SFO-RSW
Another observation, the China Southern logo has just been included within the latest SkyteamTimetable application..... seems like the ST timetable team is a little quicker off the mark than the ST web designers..........

Really, I don't see it. Where should I look? Thanks
On the splash screen when the timetable first loads. Right next to the AZ logo on the second row.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 2:20 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Did you guys know that CZ is giving out free tickets (including int'l) for whoever's born on Nov 15 and is flying CZ on the same day?

http://www.csair.com/en/ec/adsense/adweb/0711130916.asp

interesting..
Old Nov 15, 2007, 2:54 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Air France has just posted the earnings rates for CZ flights in Flying Blue on their website. On first glance it looks VERY disappointing for two reasons:

1) No earnings on direct flights between France and China/Hong Kong.
2) Only classes A, C, D, F, W, Y are eligible for mileage accrual.

What on earth is this?! A 2nd class partner(ship) or what?!
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:10 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB+, LH, Hertz 1# Club Gold 5*
Thumbs up China Southern Airlines becomes the 11th skyteam member (lemonde.fr 9:37 am)

===== this post should be moved into the main thread related to china southern airlines. Thanks =====================

A short announcement in French newspaper Lemonde.fr about the 11th newcomer in Skyteam Alliance; China Shoutern Airlines

Read in france :
http://abonnes.lemonde.fr/web/actuim...3233056,0.html (access only for registered people at lemonde.fr).

Here is the content:
" China Southern Airlines, la plus grande compagnie de Chine continentale, rejoint l'alliance commerciale SkyTeam, dont elle devient le onzième membre. "

Cheers,
Jeremie

Last edited by jerybis; Nov 15, 2007 at 3:38 am Reason: Didn't see the master thread. Please move it into it. Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:44 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB+, LH, Hertz 1# Club Gold 5*
Originally Posted by sbm12
On the splash screen when the timetable first loads. Right next to the AZ logo on the second row.
Well at 11:42 am, the logo has just got added in the home page of skyteam.com.

Originally Posted by sbm12
The master ST logo isn't updated on the site yet, but I suppose that'll happen eventually (like on the 15th maybe). And CSA has a new logo that looks a lot like GlaxoSmithKleine's...
Also, the logo from CSA changed also as already comented

Cheers,
/Jer

Last edited by jerybis; Nov 15, 2007 at 3:50 am
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:46 am

Programs: NWA Plat
It's official...

SKYTEAM WELCOMES CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES AS FIRST CHINESE CARRIER
SkyTeam Becomes First Alliance to Add Carrier from Mainland China

http://www.skyteam.com/EN/aboutSkyte...r/pr151107.jsp
Old Nov 15, 2007, 6:49 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by nomad1974
Air France has just posted the earnings rates for CZ flights in Flying Blue on their website. On first glance it looks VERY disappointing for two reasons:

1) No earnings on direct flights between France and China/Hong Kong.
2) Only classes A, C, D, F, W, Y are eligible for mileage accrual.

What on earth is this?! A 2nd class partner(ship) or what?!
I believe this info is the same as before CS's entry into Skyteam, so probably they haven't updated it yet
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by neuromancer
I believe this info is the same as before CS's entry into Skyteam, so probably they haven't updated it yet
Well, I'm not so sure. As of today, this appears in the list of SkyTeam airlines. It wasn't there before.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
Official Press Release from SkyTeam Website

SKYTEAM WELCOMES CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES AS FIRST CHINESE CARRIER
SkyTeam Becomes First Alliance to Add Carrier from Mainland China

BEIJING, November 15, 2007 - Today China Southern Airlines officially became the 11th full member of SkyTeam, making the alliance the first to welcome a carrier from mainland China. China is one of the fastest growing aviation markets in the world and the addition of China Southern allows SkyTeam to provide its customers around the world with greater travel options to one of the world's top tourist destinations.

With the addition of China Southern Airlines, SkyTeam now serves approximately 428 million annual passengers through a worldwide system of nearly 16,400 daily flights covering 841 destinations in 162 countries. China Southern, with the most extensive airline route network in China, operates the largest and most advanced airline fleet in th country. The carrier is also widely recognized for its safety and customer service standards, and was honored with the Three-Star Safety Award by the Civil Aviation Administration of China in 2006 - the most prestigious award in safe flight operations in the Chinese aviation industry.

"We are excited to welcome China Southern Airlines, one of Asia's largest and leading carriers, into our network," said Leo van Wijk, chairman of the SkyTeam Governing Board. "This move allows us to offer our customers unparalleled access to the markets they want to reach. Offering the highest flight frequencies in China, China Southern's membership strengthens the alliance's position in serving the world's fastest growing markets."

The addition of China Southern also bolsters the alliance's global hub network with the addition of Baiyun International Airport, a well-positioned, modern hub in Guangzhou, and Beijing Capital International Airport. China Southern is the first carrier in China to operate its own terminal at Beijing Capital International Airport, China's busiest hub.

"SkyTeam is known for its unrivaled global connectivity and as a member, we can better serve our customers, particularly as the 2008 Beijing Olympics approach," said Liu Shao Yong, Chairman of China Southern Airlines, at a welcome ceremony in Beijing. "China Southern's extensive intra-Asia network serves as a powerful link in SkyTeam's robust global network," added Mr. Liu.

The welcome ceremony, which took place at Great Hall of the People in Beijing, was attended by Liu Shao Yong, Chairman of China Southern Airlines; Yang Yuanyuan, director, Civil Aviation Administration of China, General Administration; Leo van Wijk, SkyTeam Governing Board Chairman; as well as Yang Ho Cho, Chairman and CEO of Korean Air; and other SkyTeam representatives.

China Southern Airlines made significant progress and fulfilled all SkyTeam alliance membership requirements since signing a memorandum for membership in August 2004. The carrier earned recognition as a SkyTeam member airline after reaching a number of agreements with each of the alliance member carriers, including bilateral codesharing, frequent flyer and lounge agreements.

About China Southern Airlines
The largest airline in The People's Republic of China for the past 28 years, China Southern Airlines - www.cs-air.com/en - connects more than 162 cities around the globe. Major business and vacation destinations served in China include: Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Guilin, Hong Kong, Kunming, Shanghai, Shenzhen and Wuhan and as well as International service, including: Amsterdam, Bangkok, Fukuoka, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Islamabad, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Los Angeles, Manila, Melbourne, Moscow, Osaka, Paris, Penang, Phnom Penh, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.

About SkyTeam
SkyTeam is the global airline alliance partnering ten members, including Aeroflot, Aeroméxico, Air France, Alitalia, China Southern Airlines, Continental Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines, and three Associate Airlines: Air Europa (Spain), Copa Airlines (Panama) and Kenya Airways. Through one of the world's most extensive hub networks, SkyTeam offers its 428 million annual passengers a worldwide system of 16,400 daily flights covering 841 destinations in 162 countries. www.skyteam.com.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: OZ G; FB G; HHonors Gold;
Only classes A, C, D, F, W, Y

that means only business class and full economy?!!!! I have the feeling that Skyteam does not want China Southern...
or China Southern does not want Skyteam?

disappointed
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:00 am

Programs: OZ G; FB G; HHonors Gold;
some info about the booking class by China Southern.

According to Air France, Flying Blue members can earn miles only for below booking classes.
"Only eligible when reserving in the following classes : A, C, D, F, W, Y."

http://skypearl.cs-air.com/air1_en.html

First Class(F/A)
Business Class(C/D)
Luxury Economy Class(W)
Full Fare Economy(Y/T/K/H)
Full Fare Economy(M/G/S/L/Q/U/E/V/B)
Special Economy(X/P/I/O/Z/N/R/J)
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by nomad1974
Well, I'm not so sure. As of today, this appears in the list of SkyTeam airlines. It wasn't there before.
But does it still say "Miles earned on CZ will not count for the validation of your level"? It did on KLM pages a few minutes ago (note that AF and KL pages are different) so it's still definitely the old text.

Incidentally, DL updated their earning table. Now it says classes M and G will only earn 40% - do I take it lower classes that are not specifically excluded will still get full miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.