Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Family sitting together when only the parents are elite members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL --FO, M&M

With Delta, we have Medallion status. We are planning on flying to NBO next January probably with AF. Will they allow all of us to sit together in better seats even though my 2 teens aren't Medallions?

Or maybe they don't give preferential seating to elite members. Does anyone know?

My DH and I went to Brazil this past May and we didn't get particularly great seats even though he was elite (Delta SM) and I wasn't anything special.

But by the time we fly to NBO, I should have SM status (elite) and DH should have GM (elite+).

If this has been answered somewhere, just direct me there. I've searched and tried to find this information here and on the web and all I can is something about companion seating which involves a cheap ticket (like a gratis one).

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
They do give preferred seats to Medallion members

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...fits/index.jsp - Air France offers preferred seating from France to the following destinations: North America, South America, Asia, Africa, the Middle East (except Israel), the Caribbean and Indian Ocean destinations.

Others may chime in but it might be helpful once booked to call DL or AF to get all your seats together.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I saw that we could sit in preferred seating, but I wondered about the children sitting nearby. I saw that when I go to choose the seats on the internet, of course, the computer isn't aware enough to know it's family and allow us to sit in a good seat near the preferred member.

The point is, we need to call AF or Delta ahead of time in order to get the better seats, right?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
I dont think calling ahead before you book will do anything. I would infrom them at the time of booking and follow up after to try and confirm.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuono07
I dont think calling ahead before you book will do anything. I would infrom them at the time of booking and follow up after to try and confirm.
OK. I guess I worded that incorrectly. I would not try to call ahead before booking. I would buy the tickets (on line) and then call, later...trying to get good seats together.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
If you buy the tickets together as one PNR, everybody should have access to preferred seating according to your highest status
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarLim
If you buy the tickets together as one PNR, everybody should have access to preferred seating according to your highest status
OK. Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Yup. And even if you don't, well... sometimes a GA will be kind.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Even if impossible for any reason, if you are on separate PNR and you call the Medallion helpdesk line and ask nicely, they can usually force the system to seat the other passenger next to you.

Done it during my recent summer trip with S.O. :-)
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raistlin
Even if impossible for any reason, if you are on separate PNR and you call the Medallion helpdesk line and ask nicely, they can usually force the system to seat the other passenger next to you.

Done it during my recent summer trip with S.O. :-)
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.