Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

If you had the choice, who would you like to join ST ?

If you had the choice, who would you like to join ST ?

Old May 3, 2007, 9:50 pm
Used to be mmsteidl

Programs: AA PLAT for life, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Rambuster
How about MIAT, Mongolian Airlines ? They should fit in nicely with the current members of Skyteam and are in no alliance so far!
So far, two out of four airlines that fly to ULN are SkyTeam (KE and SU), so having OM join would give ST a huge market position in Mongolia. By this logic, ST might concentrate on countries huge in size (Russia, US, Mexico, Mongolia).
Old May 3, 2007, 9:50 pm
Used to be mmsteidl

Programs: AA PLAT for life, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
How about MIAT, Mongolian Airlines ? They should fit in nicely with the current members of Skyteam and are in no alliance so far!
So far, two out of four airlines that fly to ULN are SkyTeam (KE and SU), so having OM join would give ST a huge market position in Mongolia. By this logic, ST might concentrate on countries huge in size (Russia, US, Mexico, Mongolia).

No, seriously, get MH, EK and VS in and I would consider ST as a RTW option.
Old May 4, 2007, 1:35 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
MH Malaysia for sure
KQ Kenia would be very good
EK, GF, QR or Etihad would be a good carrier Europe/India/Asia
Alaska Airlines for the US Westcoast
Old May 9, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Aer Lingus!!!

I'm PM with Delta and live in Dublin and can't earn any miles on European trave;

Impossible to earn miles as you are not supposed to get miles on Cityjet(AF), KLM use Aer Lingus as a codeshare, Alitalia are gone. ONly Czech airlines to Prague
Old May 11, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite
I tried them once. Unfortunately, the man pedaling the aircraft became tired, so they switched us to land transfer via yak.
Old May 13, 2007, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
Aer Lingus!!!

I'm PM with Delta and live in Dublin and can't earn any miles on European trave;

Impossible to earn miles as you are not supposed to get miles on Cityjet(AF), KLM use Aer Lingus as a codeshare, Alitalia are gone. ONly Czech airlines to Prague
Why not join FB for European travel then, at least miles will be going somewhere. You'll then earn miles on all AF/KL coded flights (and trains) whoever the operator is.

As for Cityjet I thought that counted as AF metal for miles earning purposes. To the untrained eye WX is AF.
Old May 13, 2007, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
MH definitely, they fill a big gap. The ST RTW is useless without them. At the moment KLM's 'Passport to the world' (aka Wings RTW) is much more interesting than the ST offering. It covers KLM, Northwest Airlines, Kenya Airways, Continental Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, South African Airways, Emirates, Alaska Airlines, COPA and Air Pacific.

We're also missing UK domestic coverage OW has BA, *A had BD. VG has some UK domestic routes and only competes directly with KL on LCY-AMS or why not GNER (a train company).
Old May 13, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
EK would be my first choice, though I realize having CO miles would probably make me ineligible to ever try their F service

VS would be nice, as would a carrier with a strong African presence.
Old May 16, 2007, 10:40 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Originally Posted by zbc42782
I tried them once. Unfortunately, the man pedaling the aircraft became tired, so they switched us to land transfer via yak.
I flew them nearly 10 years ago, and was great.. better than AZ!
Old May 17, 2007, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Not including airlines that already are part of an alliance, I would like to see
Malaysian for SE Asia: Great service and KUL is a good airport
Etihad for Middle east: never flown them but it looks like fantastic seats and service.
Kenya for Africa: Nicely position and probably best African airlines after SAA
Virgin: An alternative and better airline to Europe.
EK is over-rated in my opinion. Better get Etihad.
Old May 22, 2007, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
IcelandAir: could open up an interesting twist to the TATL market

Any Chinese carrier that isn't China Southern (punishing seat pitch in Y)

TAM: Need South American coverage... currently OneWorld is the only alliance with decent coverage down there.
or Aerolineas Argentinas: Decent coverage of SA plus connections to NZ and OZ.

Malaysian or Vietnam Airways for SE Asia

Kenya or Ethopian for Africa

Any of Etihad, Emirates, Quatar Airways, or Gulf Air: Would cover the middle east plus give additional connection options from Europe to SE Asia.

It would be nice to see El Al in an alliance, but I'm sure the politics of the Middle East will never let that happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.