FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   New Skyteam matrix website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/664604-new-skyteam-matrix-website.html)

Gnopps Feb 25, 2007 4:02 pm

New Skyteam matrix website

Hi everyone,

I put together a some comparisons on how much every booking class earn you in the different ST programs, as well as elite levels and benefits. Have a look at www.gnopps.com/skyteam and you'll find all the info there. Please let me know if you spot anything that is incorrect (I am sure the earnings table will have an error or hundred :D ). I hope to compile more data in the future; like award fare classes, award levels (though one!), RTW info and such if you find this page useful. Please let me know what you think (except the poor design, have mercy on my first website ever)!

Updates:
-Page now contains both award classes and RTW fares. More to come!
-Corrections here and there
-Earnings and award classes on SkyTeam new Associate airlines Air Europa, Copa Airlines and Kenya Airways here!
-Added everything needed with the new member China Southern.

jarino Feb 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Great comparison! Brings much more transparency.

GBadger Feb 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Looks great! One thing I noticed (if reading things right) is that you have "B" class on NWA only earning 100% NWA WP miles. It earns 150%.

RobertS975 Feb 25, 2007 7:47 pm

Great job... you may wish to consider adding AS even though not in ST as you can earn status miles on several airlines such as NW and DL. Similarly, flying VS allows status miles on DL, perhaps others?

apoivre Feb 25, 2007 7:55 pm

Looks like a tremendous amount of work. Great job!

BTW, all ST elites (and Elites+, of course) get lounge acccess on Aeroflot's domestic itineraries, not only their own Silvers. I got in using my FB status - so it works

Gnopps Feb 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Thank you!

Originally Posted by GBadger (Post 7294860)
Looks great! One thing I noticed (if reading things right) is that you have "B" class on NWA only earning 100% NWA WP miles. It earns 150%.

Thank you for all your comments! This is something I think is funny to do, let's hope I find time for an expansion soon..!

Regarding NW B class; as I understand it this earns 150% EQM but 100% banked miles, is this correct? For now I have been focusing on banked miles on the website. I'll put in a note about this and hope to add both in the future.

In terms of adding non-ST partners I unfortunately think that is a too big project. Only ST is quite a lot to maintain and update. I'd rather focus on expanding that section.

Thank you again for your comments and please let me know how else to improve!

nomad1974 Feb 26, 2007 3:34 pm

This is fantastic, THANKS!

Gargoyle Feb 26, 2007 5:58 pm

Alitalia Elite+ is 50k miles for non-residents of Italy, but 75k for residents.

cfischer Feb 26, 2007 7:44 pm

FB Plats do not get automatic companion upgrades with NW, but you can ask at the gate and if available you will get it. I also believe you will get UGed on award tickets based on the applicable NW rules.
Extra luggage allowance is also 2x32kg where the piece concept applies.

nice comparison!

Gnopps Feb 27, 2007 1:44 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 7302373)
FB Plats do not get automatic companion upgrades with NW, but you can ask at the gate and if available you will get it. I also believe you will get UGed on award tickets based on the applicable NW rules.
Extra luggage allowance is also 2x32kg where the piece concept applies.

nice comparison!

Thank you all for your comments! Are you sure about the companion upgrades? The following is stated in the FB rules on NW:

- upgrade for the member and a guest, depending on availability (with the exception of American and Mexican residents)

Also, this email (albeit a bit old) seems to confirm it.

In regards to the extra PC baggage, which program are you talking about?

I'll add the award upgrades as well as AZ Platinum treshold, thanks again for the updates!

Joelle Feb 27, 2007 6:38 am

Regarding AF, I would say that there is a Priority baggage handling for poor lowly Silver cards. It may not be one of the advertised perks, but once you've checked at the Business/First counter, your luggage is "priority" tagged!

Complimentary upgrades also happen outside of Domestic routes (US route for instance) and even sometimes companion upgrades!!! Maybe sometimes there are "Op upgrades", but they do happen.

GBadger Feb 27, 2007 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps (Post 7300541)
Regarding NW B class; as I understand it this earns 150% EQM but 100% banked miles, is this correct? For now I have been focusing on banked miles on the website. I'll put in a note about this and hope to add both in the future.

I believe that's right. Will be flying B in June and can let you know for sure.

Keep up the good work!

Gnopps Feb 27, 2007 4:05 pm

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!
In terms of the benefits listed, my goal is to list all published and unpublished benefits. The ones you speak about Joelle seem to me are more a benefit that one might be lucky to get, rather than something meant to be given to all elites.

I have now added a page with the award classes as well!

cfischer Feb 27, 2007 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps (Post 7304358)
Thank you all for your comments! Are you sure about the companion upgrades? The following is stated in the FB rules on NW:

- upgrade for the member and a guest, depending on availability (with the exception of American and Mexican residents)

Also, this email (albeit a bit old) seems to confirm it.

In regards to the extra PC baggage, which program are you talking about?

I'll add the award upgrades as well as AZ Platinum treshold, thanks again for the updates!

where did you find the companion information? I once had an issue with this, but this is some time ago. I know that this doesn't work for CO for example. As far as I understood it the PE companion automatic upgrade is for NW only. The manual upgrade process will include FB and CO. There might have been a recent change and I would like to know about it, since I just booked two tickets for my wife and myself.
The extra luggage allowance for PEs is 2x32kg where the piece concept applies on AF and KL (don't think it includes NW) operated flights.

seoulmanjr Feb 28, 2007 10:08 am

Thanks for putting together a very nice site that lays this out side-by-side. I can only imagine that there's plenty of room to grow it and that FTers will chime in with more requests for enhancements than you can handle. :eek: ;)

Great job! ^

peace,
~Ben~