Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

FF Points for student discount flights?

Old Feb 25, 2007, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Hello

I want to book a discounted student flight from STAtravel with Korean Air for around $1700 return inc. taxes. My question is - will I be able to get OK plus (Czech Airlines) points for it?
If yes, should the number be supplied to the travel agent (STA) when booking or emailed or phoned direct to the airline (Korean Air) after booking?

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Check with the STA agent. They should be able to check the fare rules for you.
As a warning, SOME student fares allow a MAX. of 500 miles per segment. I made sure that I did not end up with one of these on my way to KIX last year. So, make sure to check!!
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBadger
Check with the STA agent. They should be able to check the fare rules for you.
As a warning, SOME student fares allow a MAX. of 500 miles per segment. I made sure that I did not end up with one of these on my way to KIX last year. So, make sure to check!!
How do you mean for a max of 500 miles? In frequent flyer miles or the flight itself, the money payable? Sorry a little confused here.. They listed the price for the entitre 2 flights. The total distance is 9750 miles BRI-PRG
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Some student fares only allow for the accrual of a maximum of 500 miles per flight segment. Meaning, that if you were to fly DTW-KIX on one of those fares, you'd only get 500 miles for it (even though the flight is 6620 miles). So, before you buy a ticket, make sure it is eligible to earn full mileage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.