Search

SkyTeam Euro Pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2003, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
SkyTeam Euro Pass

The friendly people at our local Air Francie office (Delta have closed all their offices) informed me of the new SkyTeam Euro Pass.
I have always had nightmares about the cost of the inter European flight cost, so this pass can be excellent to solve this problem.
Since the SkyTeam Forum is pretty much I'm posting it on the DL and AF Forum.

SkyTeam Euro Pass information:
With the SkyTeam Euro Pass, enjoy an outstanding journey on AF/AZ/OK
flights.
(franchisee included).......
-Across 37 countries in Europe
-In Economy Class Service
-Unrestricted number of coupons ( minimum 3 )
-No minimum stay
-No maximum stay *
-Open reservation (from the second segment)
-Combination permitted with SkyTeam RTW trips

-Skyteam Euro Pass is sold outside Europe, in conjonction with a Round Trip
ticket to Europe on any intercontinental flgiht operated by a SkyTeam
carrier (AF/AM/AZ/DL/KE/OK)

* = travel must be completed within the validity of the international
ticket

Fare rules- Amount per coupon
0-150 miles: $60
151-500 miles: $90.00
501-1000 miles: $120.00
1001-1500 miles: $170.00
1501- 2000 miles : $190.00
more than 2001 miles: $205.00

37 SkyTeam Euro Pass Countries:
ALBANIA-ALGERIA-AUSTRIA-BELGIUM-BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA-
BULGARIA-CROATIA-CYPRUS-XZECH.REPUBLIC-
DENMARK-FINLAND-FRANCE-GERMANY-GREECE-HUNGARY-IRELAND-ITALY-LATVIA-LITHUANIA-MALTA-MOROCCO
NETHERLANDS-NORAY-POLAND-PORTUGAL-ROMANIA-RUSSIA-SLOVAKIA-SLOVENIA-SPAIN-SWEDEN-SWITZERLAN-TUNISIA-TURKEY-UKRAINE-UK-YUGOSLAVIA.

RESERVATIONS
Reservation for the 1st SkyTeam Euro Pass Segment must be made at time of
purchase, before departure from the country of origin.
Other coupons may be left open

BOOKING CLASS for flights within Europe:
AF = Q
AZ = T for international sectors
V for domestic sectors
OK = L
Old Oct 14, 2003, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Be careful with the EuroPass. Skyteam is getting so desperate for inter-European flights that in some cases they are not only giving them away, they are paying for you to take them!

I just checked the AZ site to see how much a JFK-MXP-MUC itinerary, leaving on Jan 1, returning on Jan 15, would cost: $449.55 including taxes.

If you take just the JFK-MXP r/t, with the same dates, it costs $470.03 -- $20.48 more.

The EuroPass might work out well in your case but it is best to check how much you would pay without it.

[This message has been edited by Dovster (edited 10-14-2003).]
Old Oct 14, 2003, 2:03 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:

The EuroPass might work out well in your case but it is best to check how much you would pay without it.

</font>
I always try to combine several meetings/activities in Europe. Eg Fly into CPH and leave from FRA, but my problem has always been the ticket in this case CPH-FRA which cost twice as much ad my SFO-CPH/FRA ticket. With the Euro Pass, I can get a much better deal.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 10:38 am

A question regarding to Skyteam Euro Pass.
Does anyone know whether there is a mimimum requirement of how many teckets/coupons one has to buy to use this pass?

Let's say I want to go to point B from point A once I am in Europe. Can I just buy a Euro pass between these two locations instead of buying regular one-way ticket. Of course the assumption is the Euro pass costs less than regular one-way ticket.

[This message has been edited by gofly (edited Jan 20, 2004).]
Old Jan 20, 2004, 10:47 am

Sorry about my previous post. My question has already been answered in GrapeDane's post. It looks like there is minimum of 3 coupon requirement for this pass.

Please let me know if you have experience to buy less than 3 coupons. Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 11:02 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gofly:
Please let me know if you have experience to buy less than 3 coupons. Thanks.
</font>
If you only need two segements, perhaps you can just buy three and throw away the the last coupon.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GrapeDane:
If you only need two segements, perhaps you can just buy three and throw away the the last coupon.</font>
Or schedule it for a later date, way into the future.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 11:35 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
Or schedule it for a later date, way into the future.</font>
As I understand the rules, you need to use up the tickets/coupons before you return back home:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Combination permitted with SkyTeam RTW trips

-Skyteam Euro Pass is sold outside Europe, in conjonction with a Round Trip
ticket to Europe on any intercontinental flgiht operated by a SkyTeam
carrier (AF/AM/AZ/DL/KE/OK)

* = travel must be completed within the validity of the international
ticket</font>
Old Jan 21, 2004, 8:00 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Thanks for the update. I use to buy these during when DL partnered with SR, LX and SR. Then the passes were good only on AF. Now, you can use 3 AL's. What a great deal. Thanks again for the update.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:06 pm

And I guess there will be lots of connections through PRG, as OK is the only one to offer 1:1 ratio MQM's on EuroPass in L class...

Also, another question, does each segment count as using up a pass - or the total one-way with connection?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLFreqFly4Life:
And I guess there will be lots of connections through PRG, as OK is the only one to offer 1:1 ratio MQM's on EuroPass in L class...</font>
Or do like I did, move over to AF's Fréquence Plus program

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Also, another question, does each segment count as using up a pass - or the total one-way with connection?</font>
Each segments counts. I need to go Copenhagen - Frankfurt, whic will be via connection in Paris CDG. Each segments count, so it will take two coupons. In this case due to the different lenght of each segment, each will have a different price.

Old Jan 21, 2004, 9:33 pm

Am I understanding this correctly - that there is a minimum of 3 segments but no maximum? That's what the Skyteam website under "Europass" implies, and the Delta telephone agent had no further details, except to say that she found no mention of a maximum number of segments and that one could stopover (more than 24 hours) in any one city only twice. She also couldn't tell me the price of the Europass, but if the information above is correct, that anything over 2000 miles costs $205, I see the opportunity for lots of mileage trips.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Track:
........... the Delta telephone agent had no further details, except to say that she found no mention of a maximum number of segments and that one could stopover (more than 24 hours) in any one city only twice. She also couldn't tell me the price of the Europass, but if the information above is correct, that anything over 2000 miles costs $205, I see the opportunity for lots of mileage trips.</font>
Call Air France instead, at least they know about this EuroPass.

[This message has been edited by GrapeDane (edited Jan 21, 2004).]
Old Jan 22, 2004, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Thanks for the post -- this is immediately useful to me!
Old Jan 22, 2004, 8:13 am

Is this available when using an award ticket for the overseas flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.