FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Booking awards on Aeroflot (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/566754-booking-awards-aeroflot.html)

asama527 Jun 7, 2006 2:18 pm

Booking awards on Aeroflot

Anyone have any experience? What's their economy and business class like on transatlantic segments?

apoivre Jun 7, 2006 2:45 pm

Do a search on the "Other European" branch (and on "Russia"), there's plenty of info.

gary_nj Jun 11, 2006 2:43 pm

I was talking with a Delta representative, trying to use SkyMiles to book a ticket from Budapest to Bangkok. One of the alternatives offered was on Aeroflot. The connection time was not bad, but I noticed that the SVO-BKK leg was on an Ilyushin96, and decided to double connect with Korean instead.

asnovici Jun 13, 2006 2:15 pm

IL96 have new Business class seats installed. These are superior to what KE offers, in addition to personal DigiPlayers offered to each Business passenger, and excellent meal service, I would pick SU over KE.

karthik Jun 17, 2006 1:12 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj
I was talking with a Delta representative, trying to use SkyMiles to book a ticket from Budapest to Bangkok. One of the alternatives offered was on Aeroflot. The connection time was not bad, but I noticed that the SVO-BKK leg was on an Ilyushin96, and decided to double connect with Korean instead.

I booked one leg of my RTW specifically on ICN-SVO for that exact reason: to fly on one of the newly refurbished IL96s. :)

woody125 Jun 24, 2006 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by karthik
I booked one leg of my RTW specifically on ICN-SVO for that exact reason: to fly on one of the newly refurbished IL96s. :)

Flew one of these 2 weeks back from SVO to OVB. VERY NICE and very big. The largest overhead bins I've ever seen on any aircraft. Hey, it's the plane of the Russian President so it's gotta be ok!

Kudos to SU for their ever improving service. Now if we can just get SVO3 up and going...

asnovici Jun 29, 2006 11:52 pm

Interesting, before SU joined ST, swards were widely available. Basically it woked a lot like Starwood, if there is a seat for sale, you can get it with points. Now upon calling NW Platinum agents, looks like absolutely zero fseats available for business award for three months in thwe row. coach seats are also extremely limited. These are for US-Russia flights. Seems that SU adopted ST restrictions, and took it to the typical Russian extreme level, no seat no matter what. Very dissapointed

TrayflowInUK Nov 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Anyone know what the award classes are on SU?

From this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=28181 I understand that O is business award and X is economy award, á la AF.

I'm trying to look at availability between SVO and VVO (Vladivostok) and can't find O anytime. Using KVS, I've checked about 50 dates in Dec 06 and Jun-Jul 07.

I've checked for O inventory on similar dates for SVO-AMS and SVO-JFK, and it shows O4 for many dates.

Could it be that awards WITHIN Russia use a different booking class?

KVS Nov 19, 2006 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Anyone know what the award classes are on SU?

From this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=28181 I understand that O is business award and X is economy award, á la AF.

I'm trying to look at availability between SVO and VVO (Vladivostok) and can't find O anytime. Using KVS, I've checked about 50 dates in Dec 06 and Jun-Jul 07.

The SU award booking classes in the KVS Tool thread are still current: http://eng.aeroflotbonus.ru/howtocol...px?ob_no=247#2

Looking, for example, at 01 Dec, you can see award availability:

[KVS Availability Tool 2.5.3/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/US-AXC1]
Code:

SVO  Moscow Sheremetyevo RU [UUEE]
VVO  Vladivostok RU [UHWW]
FRI  01 Dec 2006

Carrier  Flight From Depart    To  Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------
SU        719    SVO  19:10    VVO  10:50 +1  763  0    J7 C7 D7 O6 Z0 Y7 S7 B7 M7 H7 K7 X7 V7 T7

However, SU does not always 'publish' award availability through the GDS (even for their own members!). The only way to know for sure, is to have the agent create the booking (even if the flight is showing O0/X0), and 'queue' it to SU. Within ~72 hours SU will manually review availability and give their final answer.

TrayflowInUK Nov 20, 2006 1:07 am

KVS, I can't believe you found availability... I spent 20 mins looking at various dates (like I said, I must have looked at 50 or even more... that CTRL+PGUP feature is GREAT!) and found nothing!

Good tip about requesting, I didn't know that.

alanw Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm

FYI, SU flights from Europe to BKK in C are typically available for around 1200-1300EUR, so it might not make sense to burn points to get them.

KVS Nov 20, 2006 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
KVS, I can't believe you found availability... I spent 20 mins looking at various dates

That was actually the first date I have tried :).

TrayflowInUK Nov 21, 2006 9:39 am

I was wondering... since Vladivostok is in Russia and Russia is in Europe (as far as WorldPerks in concerned, not sure about FB), is this only a 50,000 mile award RT in C?

alanh Nov 22, 2006 12:59 am

As far as I can tell, Moscow is Europe but Vladivostok would be North Asia ("Japan, Korea, Mongolia, and the Russian Far East").

Volvic Nov 22, 2006 4:16 am

Vlad

Originally Posted by alanh
As far as I can tell, Moscow is Europe but Vladivostok would be .....

If interested to competitors, do a search on the BMI forum and you will see very original topics because for them the whole Russia is Europe. Enjoy the reading.