JFK to Johannesburg - which airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold; United Premier; Avis Preferred; Continental Silver, Marriott Silver

Does anyone have a preference of Northwest/KLM or Emirates to Johannesburg? If so, why?

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Seeing as you are CO silver, I would go with AF/KL. If miles are unimportant, I would go with EK as they use their best aicraft to/from JFK and JNB. Which class will you be flying?

Cheers
Old May 31, 2006, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold; United Premier; Avis Preferred; Continental Silver, Marriott Silver
I'll be flying economy Hoping for an upgrade.
Old May 31, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
In that case I'd go with EK. The legroom is excellent (seats a little tight on DXB-JNB-DXB sector) and IFE in unbeatable. (Also - I just remembered that you can still get nonstatus CO miles.)

Cheers
Old May 31, 2006, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
You may wish to consider the DL coded flight on South African JFK-JNB with one stop through service. I believe that you can earn CO miles as long as you buy the ticket from DL with a DL flight number (7796). I would confirm this however.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RobertS975
You may wish to consider the DL coded flight on South African JFK-JNB with one stop through service. I believe that you can earn CO miles as long as you buy the ticket from DL with a DL flight number (7796). I would confirm this however.
This is incorrect. You can only earn on DL OPERATED flights, not DL coded flights.
Depending on when you are planning to fly, DL has announced their own service from ATL-JNB, with a technical stop somewhere, to begin later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.