Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Will the recent AZ YYZ-LCA debacle make it impossible to get an award seat in J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will the recent AZ YYZ-LCA debacle make it impossible to get an award seat in J?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Does FTs appropriation of D inventory mean it will be impossible to acquire an award seat with miles?

I’m curious to know if this sort of thing has repercussions outside AZ (and certain TA) offices.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by LapLap
Does FTs appropriation of D inventory mean it will be impossible to acquire an award seat with miles?

I’m curious to know if this sort of thing has repercussions outside AZ (and certain TA) offices.
I highly doubt it - AZ gets paid by other carriers for providing award seats. In any event, AZ is concentrating the LCA tickets on the YYZ-MXP/FCO flights, so anyone leaving from a gateway other than Toronto should find award seats without a problem.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I highly doubt it - AZ gets paid by other carriers for providing award seats. In any event, AZ is concentrating the LCA tickets on the YYZ-MXP/FCO flights, so anyone leaving from a gateway other than Toronto should find award seats without a problem.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - I meant actually on the YYZ-MXP route only.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold
yeah, it would make sense that all the YYZ-MXP D seats are gone...i'm not sure if it would affect any other carriers, but if you really need a YYZ-MXP D seat, i'd see if you can take a YYZ-NYC/BOS/WAS hop on a skyteam partner and then a AZ flight from there
Old Apr 22, 2006, 3:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wiley
yeah, it would make sense that all the YYZ-MXP D seats are gone...i'm not sure if it would affect any other carriers, but if you really need a YYZ-MXP D seat, i'd see if you can take a YYZ-NYC/BOS/WAS hop on a skyteam partner and then a AZ flight from there

TTThere are only 509 tickets sold, and I doubt all of them will be used. IMHO that debacle won't have a major impact as the 509 tickets are spread over one year.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Daniele Della Rocca
TTThere are only 509 tickets sold, and I doubt all of them will be used. IMHO that debacle won't have a major impact as the 509 tickets are spread over one year.
An Orbitz spokesperson said that Orbitz sold 509 tickets. Most of the early bookings were with Travelocity, Cheaptickets, and outlets in Canada and Europe. So the total number of tickets sold probably by far exceeds 509.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:50 am

If you take a look at KVS, you'll see that almost all YYZ-MXP/FCO flights have a good deal of J/D/I avail., even on Fri.s and Sun.s in July (peak travel time/days of the week). It's just the AZ CS segs with CY that would make it difficult to book a YYZ-LCA award in J. My 2 lira.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.