Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Team Routing Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2006, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Sky Team Routing Help

I am trying to set up an itinerary for this fall and am having some trouble figuring out the best routings. Here are some details:

departing from Madison, WI
Stop in Tel Aviv, Isreal
Stop in Melbourne, AUS
Back to Madison, WI

This is for meetings that I have scheduled in both locations. I've tried looking into a RTW, but the travel agent doesn't seem to think that it will be possible with these stops. I'm guessing that the center portion (between Tel Aviv and Melbourne will involve either a trip back towards western Europe or a flight from Tel Aviv to SE asia (if that even exists!).
Anyone out there with hints as to who in SkyTeam flies to these locations??

Thanks!!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by GBadger
Here are some details:

departing from Madison, WI
Stop in Tel Aviv, Isreal
Stop in Melbourne, AUS
Back to Madison, WI
CO may have a non-stop from EWR to Tel Aviv, and someone else may do it from JFK as well.

Other than that, it looks like everything out of Tel Aviv is going to Europe - FCO on AZ, CDG on AF, AMS on KL, somewhere on OK.

Europe to Melbourne will likely involve a stop either in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 4:40 pm

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
It can be done as a rtw because backtracking with a continent is allowed(TLV is condsiderd part of Europe) and no skyteam airline flies to MEL so u would have to fly to SYD, you could fly Madison-ATL-TLV-CDG-ICN-SYD-ICN-ATL-Madison
Old Jun 2, 2006, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by sh1982
no skyteam airline flies to MEL so u would have to fly to SYD
Not on their own metal, anyway. AF codeshares on Qantas, KL codeshares on Malaysia. Dunno whether those flights qualify for miles or anything, though.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by danbirchall
Not on their own metal, anyway. AF codeshares on Qantas, KL codeshares on Malaysia. Dunno whether those flights qualify for miles or anything, though.
No codeshares allowed on a RTW ticket.

SH1982 is exactly right in this case.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 7:50 pm

Try and download the Skyteam Flight Planner (Timetable) from their website.
As mentioned in previous posts there are various ways to get to your destinations. I suggest you get to MEL via KUL on MH on a KL codeshare after flying from TLV-AMS.

Regards,
kmck
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The backtracking rules only apply if you stop over, rather than connecting. That means you can spend 23 hours, 59 minuts on the ground before that should even become an issue.

The bigger pain is that you have to come from TLV back to Europe and then via ICN to get to Australia, and even then you only get to SYD on SkyTeam.

S.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
OK guys, thanks for the help. I thought that maybe there was something fishy with the RTW not being allowed.

I'll keep looking into it!
Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by GBadger
OK guys, thanks for the help. I thought that maybe there was something fishy with the RTW not being allowed.

I'll keep looking into it!
The only RTW rule I can see you're breaking (apart from the fact that MEL is not a Skyteam destination) is that you need at least three stopovers (Tel Aviv and Melbourne or Syndey is only two). Have you thought of using either One World or Star Alliance, both of which serve Melbourne?
Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rangerss75
The only RTW rule I can see you're breaking (apart from the fact that MEL is not a Skyteam destination) is that you need at least three stopovers (Tel Aviv and Melbourne or Syndey is only two). Have you thought of using either One World or Star Alliance, both of which serve Melbourne?
Could you have a > 4hour connection in the US to be an extra "stopover?" Or does it need to be 24 hours since the itin is int'l?

Worst case scenario, book your last stopover close to home and fake the last stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.