Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot To Join Skyteam On April 14

Aeroflot To Join Skyteam On April 14

Old Mar 18, 06, 12:40 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lesenok
Now that D-Day is April 14th, should I credit my Aeroflot flight/miles to DL or SU on my LAX-SVO-LAX flight Apr15-19 ? I am currently DL Gold and SU with 16k miles.
IIRC, DL Gold is +100% mileage bonus, whereas SU Silver (25,000 miles) is +25% and SU Gold (50,000 miles) +50%. If you are US based and already DL Gold, why not stay with DL?

I'm facing a similar dilemma: I fly SU a good bit, am NW Silver, have a good number of SU miles and am flying DL next week. I don't really need three SkyTeam programs, though I seem to have 60,000+ miles in all three. I'm think with recent cutbacks on NW, and the fact that I am more likely to fly DL or SU than NW, that I am better switching to DL even though I already have 10,000+status miles on NW this year.
Old Mar 18, 06, 10:02 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
I second chalf with one caveat - don't input your Skymiles number untill you are actually sure SU is in and your booking class qualifies. You'll probably have to retroclaim anyway - even if SU actually joins on the 14th, I don't expect them to do everything right the very next day. So you could probably just not use any FFP number and then see how it plays out
Old Mar 28, 06, 12:33 am
Original Member

I noticed yesterday that DL flights now appear on SU's on-line schedule. Thus, SVO-JFK now shows two flights, one operated by SU and one DL, and SVO-ATL shows a DL flight number. However, DL flights show availability only in economy class (i.e., SVO-JFK on DL shows as Business 0, Coach 199). Connections also do not seem to appear (i.e., SVO-PIT is not a valid routing). There are also no code-share arrangements shown--each flight carries only the number of the operating carrier.
Old Mar 28, 06, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Effective March 26, Korean Air's Skypass members can earn
miles on all Su operated and SU-coded flights operated by ST airlines. But most discounted fares are excluded for earning miles.

AEROFLOT Russian Airlines
Between Korea and Russia : Economy Y, S: 100% of mileage flown

Prestige 125% of mileage flown

Booking Class: B,M,H,K,V,T,Q,W,U,G,L,N,I,X,E,O
No mileage credit

All other routes: Economy Y, S, B, M, H, K, V, T, Q: 100% of mileage flown

Prestige 125% of mileage flown
Booking Class: W,U,G,L,N,I,X,E,O: No Mileage credit
Old Mar 28, 06, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

chalf, I would hope that SVO-ATL has a DL number as it is a DL flight. I would think that all these wrinkles will be ironed out in the next 17 days or so, when the relationship will actually exist.
Old Mar 28, 06, 6:15 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by hfly
chalf, I would hope that SVO-ATL has a DL number as it is a DL flight. I would think that all these wrinkles will be ironed out in the next 17 days or so, when the relationship will actually exist.
My point was exactly that it carries only a DL flight number; there is no code-sharing agreement in place. These are DL-only flights appearing in SU's on-line schedule, which clearly signifies a closer level of cooperation/integration and is likely a positive sign towards SkyTeam integration (which has not yet been formally announced on the WWW site of either SkyTeam or SU).
Old Mar 28, 06, 7:42 am
Original Member

According to the Aeroflot Bonus WWW site, effective today Aeroflot Bonus points may be earned on all flights carrying DL, KL, KE and AF flight numbers that are operated by SkyTeam members (including CO, NW, etc.).

http://www.aeroflotbonus.ru/news.asp...09&d_no=169331 [Russian only]

Edited: Flights on OK were previously eligible for SU credit, and vice versa.
Old Mar 28, 06, 8:08 am

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chalf
According to the Aeroflot Bonus WWW site, effective today Aeroflot Bonus points may be earned on all flights carrying DL, KL, KE and AF flight numbers that are operated by SkyTeam members (including CO, NW, etc.).

http://www.aeroflotbonus.ru/news.asp...09&d_no=169331 [Russian only]

Edited: Flights on OK were previously eligible for SU credit, and vice versa.
In English - announcement, and earning details detailing booking classes, bonuses, etc.
Old Mar 28, 06, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Now it is time for SU to upgrade it's Websites including Aeroflot Bonus site.
The current Website is unimpressive, and certainly not on a par with other ST airlines. I wonder when I could possibly book an award on-line.
Old Mar 28, 06, 8:52 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by dmitri
In English - announcement, and earning details detailing booking classes, bonuses, etc.
It wasn't in English yet when I made my original post!

The question now is when NW, CO, AM and the other SkyTeam partners become earnings eligible, and when one may earn miles in their respective programs for flights on SU.

Last edited by chalf; Mar 28, 06 at 9:04 am
Old Mar 28, 06, 11:50 am

well at least it 100% miles on almost all carriers (except czech, with 50% on lowest fares).

Interesting to see if KLM/AF and Delta will give 100% on the cheapest SU fares...
Old Mar 28, 06, 11:51 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by chalf
It wasn't in English yet when I made my original post!
It wasn't in Russian either last time I checked - about one hour before you made that post
Still nothing on SU either on www.airfrance.com, www.klm.com or the FB beta.
Old Mar 29, 06, 5:52 am

Programs: DL DM (MM), SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!
Originally Posted by lewinr
well at least it 100% miles on almost all carriers (except czech, with 50% on lowest fares).

Interesting to see if KLM/AF and Delta will give 100% on the cheapest SU fares...
I was just noticing the cheapest SU fares are not what they were this time last year. I'm about to pay to pay $522 for a SVO to OVB run that has cost me as little as $310 in the last year. Is this progress due to joining ST? At that price, I want double miles!

Also, why is there ZERO mention of SU joining ST on the ST site? That's miffs me.
Old Mar 29, 06, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by woody125
Also, why is there ZERO mention of SU joining ST on the ST site? That's miffs me.
At least KE already lists SU as a ST member
IIRC, there was zero mention of CO, KL and NW joining ST on skyteam.com until a couple of days AFTER the fact.
Old Mar 29, 06, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
OK has --for at least the past few months-- included RU in codeshares and as a FF partner.

Search this Thread