Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Skyteam Lounge In Shanghai China PUDONG Airport?

Old Mar 7, 06, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES SM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS GOLD, PRIORITY PASS

If yes, does it have Internet access?
Wireless?
Old Mar 7, 06, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
NW WC uses:

First Class Lounge #37 -- Near gate# 17-18 -- Phone 86-21-68345232
Old Apr 19, 06, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Can ST Elite + members use CI lounges when traveling with them intra-Asia?
Old Apr 19, 06, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Nope. Only if on a DL codeshare, and you get access either through 1) flying business class or 2) you are CRC member. Flying TPE to LAX on the CI delta codeshare, I can get in. Flying TPE- NRT on CI ticket and ongoing NRT-ATL DL flight, I am not allowed into the CKS (TPE) China Air lounge, even though I am CRC member.
Old Apr 19, 06, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
That's a shame, I was hoping to use the CI lounges in TPE and KHH as a CRC member/ST Elite +, maybe they'll be nice and let me in anyway (doubt it)
Old Apr 19, 06, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Last I checked CI wasn't exactly welcome at PVG.
Old Apr 19, 06, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by themicah
Last I checked CI wasn't exactly welcome at PVG.
CI has been there! They are welcome, but only if they call themselves a domestic China flight, not an international flight....

OP, good luck on getting CI to let you in... the few times I have tried, they have been very clear on the rules, at least at the lounge in the new terminal, where the flights to the US leave from. Japan bound flights also leave from that area, so I've been in (when flying DL codeshare to LAX) and not in when flying to NRT for my NRT-ATL delta flight. I haven't tried at the lounge in the old terminal, where HKG flights go from.
Old Apr 19, 06, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually I pelieve that the only CI flights have actually been charters, whether called domestic or not.
Old Apr 19, 06, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Sofitel Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Select
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
If yes, does it have Internet access?
Wireless?
Was in the lounge yesterday. When you check in (I was flying Korean Air to ICN, but NW, KLM, AF, and Alitalia all had flights using the lounge as well) you receive an invitation to use the lounge, either Prestige for the Business Class Lounge (for standard Coach tickets for SkyTeam Elite+) or the First Class Lounge (I assume for Elite+ in Business or First). At the desk for the lounge, the Business lounge is to the left, First lounge to the right. Nothing special at all, some seats/tables (rather dingy looking), cans of soda, bottles of water, some juice, coffee, tea, and Tsing Tao beer. Until 11:30 AM, there is some breakfast congee and crackers. At 11:30, they switched to Hot and Sour soup and some fried rice.

As for wireless...I tried to connect...but the best I could manage was "Limited or no connectivity" on any of the four wireless networks I was able to detect with my laptop.

Important fact to note...if you have RMB and want to convert them back to another currency, you need to save the ATM or Foreign Exchange receipt, as you have to turn it in to the exchange desk to turn in your RMB!
Old Apr 20, 06, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES SM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS GOLD, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by mcjava
Nope. Only if on a DL codeshare, and you get access either through 1) flying business class or 2) you are CRC member. Flying TPE to LAX on the CI delta codeshare, I can get in. Flying TPE- NRT on CI ticket and ongoing NRT-ATL DL flight, I am not allowed into the CKS (TPE) China Air lounge, even though I am CRC member.
Got in!!, was flying coach with Air France last Saturday, requested a lounge pass at check in and got one after a phone call. They gave me access to the first lounge. Nothing to write home about but still OK.

Travelled from the outskirts of Shanghai on the Maglev 431KPH (270mph) nearly worth the visit for that experience!!
Old Apr 20, 06, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you reach top speed for more than 20 secs?
Old Apr 21, 06, 12:58 am

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Sofitel Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Select
Originally Posted by hfly
Did you reach top speed for more than 20 secs?
I rode the Maglev as well on Wednesday. Left the station at 10:15:00 (on the nose!) and hit top speed (431km/h) at 10:18:09 (ok..geek that I am, I was doing a video clip of the speed guage in the car with my camera). We sustained it for around a minute, and arrived at the airport around 2-3 minutes later.