Reload this Page >

SkyTeam Lounges in DXB and CMB?

Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat

Hi,

I've got an upcoming trip to Colombo, Sri Lanka via Dubai and Prague on OK. Any idea about lounges in CMB/DXB? I'm travelling Y-class, but am Plat Elite on both NW and CO; Elite Plus access?

Thanks,
SFO-RSW
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SFO-RSW
Hi,

I've got an upcoming trip to Colombo, Sri Lanka via Dubai and Prague on OK. Any idea about lounges in CMB/DXB? I'm travelling Y-class, but am Plat Elite on both NW and CO; Elite Plus access?

Thanks,
SFO-RSW
Not sure about DXB. But in CMB there is only one lounge by UL and EK. Not sure they do allow other airline passengers use the lounge. As far as SkyTeam members, I believe OK is the only airline who flies into CMB today. if you fly on OK-Y, the chance is that you won't get the lounge privilege by showing your ST EP card.

The lounge by UL is in fact quite nice if you can access to it. There is even a spa in the lounge. unfortunately, I discovered that when I was leaving the lounge to board.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Bump...any idea on lounge access for Aeroflot Business Class pax and SkyTeam Elite Plus pax at DXB lately? Which lounge do DL pax use?
Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
KLM has a club in Dubai

Under Asia on NWA for WOrld Clubs you will see it listed there.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
DXB Lounge: I went to the KLM Crown Lounge last Feb. It is somewhat small but was adequate on the night I was there (full 777 in WBC and Economy). It was relatively new and fresh looking. There was nice finger food, little sandwiches, samosas, hors d'oeuvres. Liquor selection was on par with AMS Crown Lounges.

I seem to also remember there being an Air France lounge, but I didn't go in there.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

I was in DXB with a friend Nov last year. OK (who have since axed the DXB service) gave us invitations to a contract lounge which could be found at the end of a LONG row of gates, was fairly busy but not too crowded and had adequate but not spectacular catering. No mention of another Skyteam lounge was made
Old Nov 2, 2007, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im assuming if traveling on a SkyTeam Business class ticket on a 3am SU flight that I can do some lounge hopping to the AF, KL, and contract lounge (if that is what SU offers). Which lounge does DL use?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 4:59 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Dxb

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im assuming if traveling on a SkyTeam Business class ticket on a 3am SU flight that I can do some lounge hopping to the AF, KL, and contract lounge (if that is what SU offers). Which lounge does DL use?
At DXB, both AF and KL have lounges (next to each other IIRC), but DL uses a third-party contract lounge a ways down from the AF/KL lounges. Ironic that the DL flight usually departs from a gate right next to the AF/KL lounges.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
At DXB, both AF and KL have lounges (next to each other IIRC), but DL uses a third-party contract lounge a ways down from the AF/KL lounges. Ironic that the DL flight usually departs from a gate right next to the AF/KL lounges.
Interesting...as I mentioned I'll be on SU, but will pay a visit to both the AF and KL lounges to check them out. Hopefully, they wont use the "we're a small lounge and cannot honor ST Elite + members here" line.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I am in Dubai at the moment and will be flying DL to Atl.

Any update on Lounge choice? Will I be allowed into KLM or AF lounge? I am flying business class (Gold Medallion).

Is it worth going to the arport early? Anything interesting at DXB to look around for a couple of hours? Any free wifi at the lounge or elsewhere in the airport?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2007, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I was at DXB yesterday. The third party Delta lounge is call Marhaba near gate 25. Delta leaves from Gate 13.

Marhba lounge is also designated lounge for Virgin, Alitalia, China Southern and about a dozen other airlines.

I was there for about 15 minutes to grab finger food. There is a buffet with local food which I did not take. An open bar with good selection of spirit and soft drinks. Not a big lounge and a little crowded when I was there about 9:45 pm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.