Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

A SKYTEAM benefit that is already being changed for the worse (if it existed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2001, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We have been told since the start of Skyteam that one of the big benefits would be to, "Obtain a guaranteed reservation if you are a SkyTeam Elite Plus member even if your flight is sold-out *** " ("*** Guaranteed reservation seat available to SkyTeam Elite Plus member with 24 hours advance notice on eligible flights which are defined as SkyTeam operated aircraft and purchase a full Coach fare ticket.).

Now, I have tried to get AF to honour this condition on about 5 occasions and they never have. They have never even had a procedure for doing this. I noticed both in an ad in the FT today, and now on their site that, "... and for Elite Plus members, a guaranteed seat on any long haul flight even when its full*, (*in Economy class when reserving no later than 24 hours before departure on a full fare ticket).

While this never existed anyway, it really stinks that this perk is being taken away as AF is obviously unable to do this due to their pathetic staff and customer service structure). I believe that this now puts Skyteam well behind the other two big alliances.

Delta should really stand up for itself and its passengers as AF really craps on us!!
Old Apr 27, 2001, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I guess that it seems that no one cared about this benefit. or.....

Expectations are so low for Skyteam that this was totally expected.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally posted by hfly:
I guess that it seems that no one cared about this benefit. or.....

Expectations are so low for Skyteam that this was totally expected.
Just look at who is on the "Team" what do you expect from this group of 2nd, 3rd and 4th rate air lines??

Simply Good Business

Old Apr 27, 2001, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Repeat after me, "Skyteam is just a dream, Skyteam is just a dream"

If DL wanted a real international airline for a partner, don't forget which carrier swept every important catagory at the Freddies. SAS!
Old Apr 27, 2001, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Just out of curiosity, is SAS already in an alliance? I'd like to try them sometime. I've never been to Stockholm.

Bruce
Old Apr 27, 2001, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I found the answer to my own question. SAS is part of Star Alliance, along with my new favorite airline, United.

Bruce
Old Apr 27, 2001, 9:12 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Bruce,

Star beats SK*AM hands down. Also, with British Midland, Tyrolean and Austrain for Europe it is better then the old DL days!

While I have been mainly on CO and WN, I have racked up a bit of *A miles in Europe over the past 4 months.
Old Apr 28, 2001, 4:41 pm
Original Member

I can heartily recommend SAS, at least for their European services (although by reputation their intercontinental service isn't as good). I will also recommend Stockholm without reservation - it is an enchanting city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.