Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Mile consolidation across Sky Team

Old Jul 28, 2005, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

I'm afraid I know the answer to this, but I'll give it a shot anyway...

I have 2 old accounts for frequent flyer programs with Northwest & Korean Air. Both are Sky Team members, but the accounts are seperate at this time. Is there any way to combine them? I'd prefer to consolidate in NWA if possible (despite their problems). Even better would be some way to get them into my current programs at Starwood or AA (yeah - good luck with that)...

Thanks for any help or tips,
Extra
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:50 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
The bad news is: you cannot consolidate those accounts.

Generally speaking, transfers into SPG from airline FF programs are not possible.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

I guess I'll have to figure out how to generate some miles soon (both accounts are years old) to keep them from expiring.

Thanks for the answer,
Extra
Old Jul 31, 2005, 1:20 am
Suspended

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Smile

IN Korean Air's Sky Pass, you can combine your account with your family members for a reward ticket.

Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt

I have 2 old accounts for frequent flyer programs with Northwest & Korean Air. Both are Sky Team members, but the accounts are seperate at this time. Is there any way to combine them? I'd prefer to consolidate in NWA if possible (despite their problems). Even better would be some way to get them into my current programs at Starwood or AA (yeah - good luck with that)...

Thanks for any help or tips,
Extra
Old Aug 7, 2005, 9:29 pm

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
About 4 years ago, I was able to transfer miles from KL scheme into NW scheme. They gave me 1 NW mile for each 2 KL miles. So it wasn't a great idea.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt

I have 2 old accounts for frequent flyer programs with Northwest & Korean Air. Is there any way to combine them? Even better would be some way to get them into my current programs at Starwood or AA.
Sorry that you cannot combine. Starwood points can be transferred to NWA last time I checked so you could use some of those points to top off your NWA account if needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.