Wiki Posts
Search

what lounge options at DEL?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

what lounge options at DEL?

Where can I go as an Elite Plus flying AZ business class? I'll be in Delhi on Friday for about 10 hours and don't fancy spending more than half of that outside the airport. Is there a lounge that's preferable to the others, do all of them suck or what?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by graraps
Where can I go as an Elite Plus flying AZ business class? I'll be in Delhi on Friday for about 10 hours and don't fancy spending more than half of that outside the airport. Is there a lounge that's preferable to the others, do all of them suck or what?
There will probably be people who are more knowledgeable than I am. I was in DEL just once, last year; as an Elite Plus flying AF, and not in premium classes, I was stranded in the ground floor lounge, the lounge on the upper floor looked definitely better. So the ground floor lounge was medium size, very very crowded, I was lucky to find a seat with my colleague. The selection of newspapers and magazines was severely limited. Beverage service was courteous, although not very efficient, and you had to pay to use the PCs connected to the Internet.

I can't imagine spending more than an hour there, although the gate area outside the lounges is even more bleak and desolate.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

yuk yuk yuk yuk

what a terrible place. I decided to be sensible and go to a hotel. When I did return to the a/p, I used the upstairs lounge, it wasn't any better than what you described.
It was used by every airline under the sun as AI keep their (much nicer by the looks of things) Maharaja (sp?) Lounge to themselves and this is probably the only other option. It's not very big, so it's easy to understand that it was a tad crowded with people flying AF, KL, LH, TG, AZ, SQ, BA, you get the idea. Seats very hard to find. No computers as far as I could see, no mineral water, and only one free drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.