Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam announce UX, KQ, CM, RO entry as Associate airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:57 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by RobertS975
COPA, KQ and UX are not in SkyTeam as of yet. I am a DL Skymiles member... I cannot earn status miles or any other miles on any of these carriers... maybe someday (we've been waiting since June 2005) but not yet.
I have the same program (beiing GM in DL) and not being able to do anything with Copa, so I will looks forward to when it (finally!!) becomes an associate member...
Old Aug 8, 2007, 4:25 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Tarom?

So Tarom just kind of vanished from this discussion. Too bad. Not that it's a great airline -- but, the more, the merrier. It seems like Tarom has a frequent flier program but is not an earning partner of a single other airline.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 5:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Talking Regarding Tarom

If AZ ceases to exist, ST may need Tarom. ST could have had Malev. Now they could be stuck with Tarom. I guess things could be worse.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SFO-SJC Flyer
If AZ ceases to exist, ST may need Tarom. ST could have had Malev. Now they could be stuck with Tarom. I guess things could be worse.
No need to rush into things regarding Tarom. With any luck, there's an Albanian flag carrier that SkyTeam hasn't considered yet. I can hardly wait
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Talking New Member

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
No need to rush into things regarding Tarom. With any luck, there's an Albanian flag carrier that SkyTeam hasn't considered yet. I can hardly wait

Maybe ST will even be luckier when KE sponsors Air Koyro for full ST membership. After all, South Korean wants to have closer relations with the Great Chairman of North Korea.

I could not even find a code for Air Koyro. Maybe one has not been assigned.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:29 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
JS
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Maybe ST will even be luckier when KE sponsors Air Koyro for full ST membership. After all, South Korean wants to have closer relations with the Great Chairman of North Korea.

That would definitely catapult SkyTeam to the top of the alliance rankings in my book. Nothing says quality airline experience like boarding a 45 year-old, seventh-hand Aeroflot hand-me-down, being seated in the back due to capitalist foreign devil status, and singing patriotic songs to dear leader as the aircraft gets a push-start down the runway
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
I have the same program (beiing GM in DL) and not being able to do anything with Copa, so I will looks forward to when it (finally!!) becomes an associate member...
Same here! I have a reservation on COPA in December... just keeping fingers crossed that it joins SkyTeam before then, so my wife and I can get miles for MIA-LIM and back!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Any clue as to when? I know things have said "September 2007", but any updates?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Any clue as to when? I know things have said "September 2007", but any updates?

Well, if the target date was in September, one would think that an official announcement would have been made by now. But, as always, who knows?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Please remember Skyteams habit of not making announcements until its actually happened, so come Sept 16 I am sure that there will be an announcement....
KQ/UX etc joined yesterday!
Old Aug 10, 2007, 5:23 am
In Memoriam

Cool Cool

That would definitely catapult SkyTeam to the top of the alliance rankings in my book. Nothing says quality airline experience like boarding a 45 year-old, seventh-hand Aeroflot hand-me-down, being seated in the back due to capitalist foreign devil status, and singing patriotic songs to dear leader as the aircraft gets a push-start down the runway

I can hardly wait.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Cris L
Please remember Skyteams habit of not making announcements until its actually happened, so come Sept 16 I am sure that there will be an announcement....
KQ/UX etc joined yesterday!
1. What is KQ/UX?
2. What is your source for them having officially joined?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
1. What is KQ/UX?
2. What is your source for them having officially joined?
KQ = Kenya Airways
UX = Air Europa (I Think)

I don't see any indication on the SkyTeam website that either has officially joined (yet) as an Associate Airline.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:08 pm

KQ = Kenya Airways
UX = Air Europa (I Think)

I don't see any indication on the SkyTeam website that either has officially joined (yet) as an Associate Airline.
Come on, COPA!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.