Reload this Page >

SkyTeam announce UX, KQ, CM, RO entry as Associate airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam announce UX, KQ, CM, RO entry as Associate airline

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Does anyone have experience flying Kenya Airways? I am flying with a colleague from Joburg to Dar es Salaam via Niarobi on very early flights and would like to know what to expect. Have you had any problems securing Flying Blue miles and qualifying segments? Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Club_IC
Does anyone have experience flying Kenya Airways? I am flying with a colleague from Joburg to Dar es Salaam via Niarobi on very early flights and would like to know what to expect. Have you had any problems securing Flying Blue miles and qualifying segments? Thanks
As far as mileage/segment credit, I still have not seen any effective date for SkyTeam membership. So until you see an announcement that Kenya AW is indeed a member of ST, I would not count on frequent flyer credit.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 8:47 am

Don't know if this will help.

http://www.kenya-airways.com/kq2/kqd...o.aspx?colm=49
Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Club_IC
As Flying Blue is the frequent flyer programme of Kenya Airways (it used to by KLM's Flying Dutchman before that) there's no problem earning both award and level miles on flying blue. So for FB cardholders KQ's SkyTeam status does not matter.

The reason KQ uses FB and FD before that is because KLM is one of their main shareholders.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I flew KQ many times last year and I love that airline. They have the best service between NBO and Europe of any airline. The best business class seats too. All my flights were credited just fine to FB. Elite miles too.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 7:48 am

Programs: FB Plat, SA *S, RG Gold
Question What about P5?

Will AeroRepublica join Skyteam also? AeroRepublica is the COPA affiliate airline in Colombia and already uses Continental One Pass as FFP
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:36 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Air Europa, Copa Airlines and Kenya Airways on Track to become SkyTeam Associate Airl

Doesn't say when but...
http://catalog.nwa.com/newsline/0207_04C.html

SkyTeam has signed agreements with three airlines -- Air Europa, Copa Airlines and Kenya Airways --indicating the carriers are on track for official Associate Airline status. The agreements are a formal step in the alliance’s Associate process and outline the carriers’ commitment to meet the standards to be recognized as official Associate Airlines.

"SkyTeam's Associate Airline program clearly illustrates the Alliance strategy to develop a global network, with particular emphasis on certain key markets,” said Dominique Patry, SkyTeam steering committee chairman and senior vice president of International Affairs and Alliances, Air France. “Air Europa, Copa and Kenya Airways will give SkyTeam customers access to 25 additional destinations.”

Official signing ceremonies were held on three continents. Each of the Associate Airline candidates was joined by the SkyTeam member airline which is sponsoring its entry into the alliance.

Air Europa
With a fleet of 37 aircraft, Air Europa serves over 9 million passengers annually and flies to 44 destinations in 15 countries (summer schedule 2007), including destinations throughout Spain and Western Europe as well as cities in North Africa and Latin America. Visit Air Europa on the Web at www.aireuropa.com.

Copa Airlines
With a fleet of 30 aircraft, Copa Airlines currently offers approximately 110 daily scheduled flights to 36 destinations in 21 countries in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean. In addition, Copa Airlines provides passengers with access to flights to more than 120 other international destinations through codeshare agreements with Continental Airlines and other airlines. Visit Copa Airlines on the Web at www.copaair.com.

Kenya Airways
With a fleet of 21 aircraft, Kenya Airways serves more than 2.5 million passengers annually and flies to 38 destinations in 30 countries, including cities across Africa, as well as Amsterdam, Paris and London and select destinations in Asia, including Dubai, Mumbai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Bangkok. Visit Kenya Airways on the Web at www.kenya-airways.com.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SA *S, RG Gold
Lightbulb May be in June?

"But what really puts Kenya Airways in the league of international travel is the fact that it has just recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with SkyTeam; it is expected that they will come into full membership with the international airline alliance by June."
Source: http://www.etravelblackboard.com/ind...id=63599&nav=2

UX FF program will merge into FB in June 15 (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666469)

Any news about CM?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:11 pm

Wouldn't you think that there would be some nice SkyTeam press release instead of these little rumors?
Old Apr 17, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Wouldn't you think that there would be some nice SkyTeam press release instead of these little rumors?
Wouldn't you think there would be some SkyTeam press releases before SU joined? Or before KL, CO and NW did?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Mr. DeMucho
Still no South American airline in SkyTeam. I was pretty confident that TAM would be one of the four new associate airlines, given the alliances with KLM & Air France. Disappointing.
Air Mexico doesn't count?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by skchin
Air Mexico doesn't count?
It has been a long time since I was in elementary school, but I seem to recall that Mexico was part of North America. Certainly not South America.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by RobertS975
It has been a long time since I was in elementary school, but I seem to recall that Mexico was part of North America. Certainly not South America.
For me Mexico is Central America, not South America nor N. America!
Old Apr 21, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by MACH81
For me Mexico is Central America, not South America nor N. America!
As far as geography is concerned, most of the country is in North America (everything north of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, that is). And the carrier is Aeroméxico, not Air Mexico
Old Apr 21, 2007, 8:59 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by apoivre
As far as geography is concerned, most of the country is in North America (everything north of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, that is). And the carrier is Aeroméxico, not Air Mexico
I know where Mexico is but it's not considered a N.American country, at least I've never heard of it being such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.