Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

SkyTeam announce UX, KQ, CM, RO entry as Associate airline

SkyTeam announce UX, KQ, CM, RO entry as Associate airline

Old Aug 10, 07, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM MR Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT View Post
1. What is KQ/UX?
2. What is your source for them having officially joined?
Read the post again... he said that on September 16, they would announce that the carriers joined yesterday. Maybe that is a dangling participle or something, but the important thing is....

NOBODY JOINED SKYTEAM YESTERDAY!
Old Aug 11, 07, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by RobertS975 View Post
Read the post again... he said that on September 16, they would announce that the carriers joined yesterday. Maybe that is a dangling participle or something, but the important thing is....

NOBODY JOINED SKYTEAM YESTERDAY!
THANK YOU ! Somebody understood what I wrote !

Apologies for any grammatical errors on my part !
Old Aug 11, 07, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
Actually, the last two sets of entries into SkyTeam (Aeroflot, and before that KL-CO-NW) were both preceeded by announcements of entry date about 6 weeks in advance in each case. The announcements of entry date were posted on ST's web site as well as on the websites and inflight mags of these airlines well in advance of the entry date.
Old Aug 12, 07, 1:23 am

Programs: DL - GM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by SFO-RSW View Post
Actually, the last two sets of entries into SkyTeam (Aeroflot, and before that KL-CO-NW) were both preceeded by announcements of entry date about 6 weeks in advance in each case. The announcements of entry date were posted on ST's web site as well as on the websites and inflight mags of these airlines well in advance of the entry date.
So, having not heard anything yet, we're probably at least 6 weeks out, huh? I guess we'll probably get the announcement 6 weeks in advance?! COME ON, SKYTEAM!!
Old Aug 12, 07, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I must admit I don't recall these ! Just the after the fact announcements.
Old Aug 12, 07, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM MR Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Gold,
Well, we are now 27 months since the UX, CM, KQ announcement. And I believe that China Southern was announced in 2004.

In the world of business, these kinds of delays are really unheard of. I know much needs to happen before a carrier can get it all together to be in ST, but years have now gone by!
Old Aug 12, 07, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL - GM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Well, we are now 27 months since the UX, CM, KQ announcement. And I believe that China Southern was announced in 2004.

In the world of business, these kinds of delays are really unheard of. I know much needs to happen before a carrier can get it all together to be in ST, but years have now gone by!
Exactly. This is getting almost ridiculous how long it is taking.
Old Aug 12, 07, 5:27 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Well it is consistant with all things skyteam. Skyteam.com's latest media postings are from June as of today. Said since it's now very frimly August.
Old Aug 12, 07, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I wasn't following ST well for NW.CO & KL but for Aeroflot I was and I don't remember any sort of specific indication. Even after NW & Co joined it was not complete as they were yet to get integrated into certain products like the RTW's.
Old Aug 13, 07, 11:43 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
While checking AM and CM schedules today, I noticed that ALLOT of flights are now code shared between the two of them whereas previously they were not. I'm not exactly sure when this happened but it is quite recent or I would have noticed sooner. Just another step in the process I presume. Good news anyway.
Old Aug 13, 07, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cris L View Post
Please remember Skyteams habit of not making announcements until its actually happened, so come Sept 16 I am sure that there will be an announcement....
KQ/UX etc joined yesterday!
I thought it's the other way around?

TAROM is definitely vanished, especially it's not even up to the par as other Eastern European carrier's coverage in the region.

Also, PGA Portugalia was once a candidate to Skyteam Associate, but they has gone as well since it is now under Star camp.
Old Aug 14, 07, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila View Post
While checking AM and CM schedules today, I noticed that ALLOT of flights are now code shared between the two of them whereas previously they were not. I'm not exactly sure when this happened but it is quite recent or I would have noticed sooner. Just another step in the process I presume. Good news anyway.
Not sure what it means, but COPA announced that move a couple weeks ago. A code-sharing agreement between the two.
Old Aug 18, 07, 12:06 pm

Any more/updated news about COPA joining SkyTeam??
Old Aug 18, 07, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Still Waiting

[QUOTE=RobertS975;8210671]Read the post again... he said that on September 16, they would announce that the carriers joined yesterday. Maybe that is a dangling participle or something, but the important thing is....

September 16 of what year? Is that the 16th of never?

SA announced and joined *A so quickly. We are still waiting, waiting, and waiting for KQ, and the others, to join the ST Alliance.
Old Aug 18, 07, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
[QUOTE=SFO-SJC Flyer;8254142]

SA announced and joined *A so quickly. We are still waiting, waiting, and waiting for KQ, and the others, to join the ST Alliance.
SA was the exception to *. I think the wait was much longer than KQ.

Search this Thread