Fra-sfo

Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Question Fra-sfo

FRA-SFO on Skyteam carrier to use FD miles in business class. Which is the best option?
Old Mar 4, 2005, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by HKG1111
FRA-SFO on Skyteam carrier to use FD miles in business class. Which is the best option?
I'd go with NWA for a few reasons. First, you could get from FRA to SFO with only one stop (in Detroit). Second, their new WBC seats on the A330s are great and the IFE is exceptional. Third, I think it is easier to obtain award seats with NWA than other Skyteam members (except perhaps for Delta, whose seats/IFE aren't as good). The major downside is that you'd travel from DTW to SFO on domestic first, which is a big step down from WBC (but no nearly as poor as KLM's inter-European BC).

You might just find out what your options are -- they might be limited.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'd take KL FRA-AMS-SFO. That gives you the maximum time in business class, and getting through immigrations and customs at SFO is usually very, very quick.

There's a roughly 0600 departure from FRA, you end up on the street at SFO around 1500 Pacific time.

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.