Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Which ST airlines have good lounges in NRT1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold

I will be flying through NRT on NW around year end. Just wondering of the 4 St airlines (AF AZ KE KL and NW) that use NRT1, which airline has the nicest lounge?
Old Nov 1, 2004, 1:17 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
AF lounge is quiet crowded since it isnt big and stuffed with a 747 load of C pax. Besides it is only open before AF flights departures and closed just after boarding time.

Though, it is by far better than KE lounge : more international newspapers (English, French speaking), really more elaborate food and drink.

Don't know about other ST lounges.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 2:21 pm

NW has two lounges airside, a large one upstairs and a smaller one on the concourse level. The one upstairs is relatively new, very spacious and has three PCs. Minimal snacks - otsuname and cookies, and self-serve bar. After the late afternoon and early evening bank of flights have departed, the lounge is pretty deserted. No showers.

Only other lounges I've been to in T1, none of which is ST-affiliated, is UA's RCC and FC lounge in Terminal 1, both equipped with showers.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I looked up the NRT and ST sites (Airport Manager function) to find that there are some 4 non-NW ST lounges in NRT 1. 2 AF and 2 KE ones. Unfortunately, the 2 AF ones are only open before and after the 2 banks of NW flights come and go. The KE ones are closed before the 1st bank of NW flights arrives. So I guess it'll have to be the NW lounge......
Old Nov 3, 2004, 12:02 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I used the NW lounge in NRT on a flight back from PEK to the US and I liked it. Was quiet and not crowded. Not much food offered though.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by mogoy
AF lounge is quiet crowded since it isnt big and stuffed with a 747 load of C pax. Besides it is only open before AF flights departures and closed just after boarding time.

Though, it is by far better than KE lounge : more international newspapers (English, French speaking), really more elaborate food and drink.

Don't know about other ST lounges.

To mention "Salon Premier" lounge, it's absolutely a crap. A creepy crap.
They only have otsumani and cookies for food in the lounge.
BTW, that otsumani tastes sucks. The worst otsumani that I've ever had.
Even they don't have the inflight magazine.
I have no idea about "Salon Espace" since I've never used it so far.
Hmm, pretty disappointed with KE. Surprised to hear that they're even worse than AF.

Last edited by N227UA; Dec 11, 2005 at 10:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.