Search

Advice wanted URGENTLY

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2004, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold, CO silver, CX Asia Miles Silver/Oneworld, UA, US Airways,
Advice wanted URGENTLY

Hi,
Im flying Koreanair this Tuesday. You can see my memberships with various frequent flyer programs next to my name. I was quite surprised upon discovering the partners of Koreanair and was wondering what I should do in terms of the frequent flyer program I should join in order to gain mileage on my runs on Koreanair coming up? Im already a member with NW and CO. Im not sure if its worth becoming a Delta member. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 6:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Until NW, CO & KLM join SkyTeam (supposedly mid-September), your only choices are Delta, Air France, or one of the other SkyTeam member airlines (including Korean). Be aware that not all fare classes earn miles. For example, Delta's website states that on Korean Air you can't earn mileage credit for fares booked in B, G, N, Q, A, D, J, U, and R classes (this info is in a footnote on the page listing airline partners in the SkyMiles section of the site). So it really depends on your fare category. Korean itself is a bit more lenient on which fares earn miles. Hope this helps a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.