Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Question New SkyTeam America Pass

http://news.delta.com/article_displa...rticle_id=9354
Old Jul 11, 2004, 8:46 am

I couldn't get this link to come up, but the SkyTeam site also has the story.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:00 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Question New ST AmericaPass, is it worth it?

ST airlines started an AmericaPass (http://news.delta.com/article_displa...rticle_id=9354) that finaly provides a counterpart to its european equivalent. However, looking at the rules, I do not see what level of MQM they will provide. On the other hand I understand that it allows travel to HI or AK. The downside is that a flight with a connection (or even a stop somewhere) will cost you two coupons. Anybody got some thoughts?
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just looked into these and must say that the information is very very spotty. For example, how much are four segments? 5,8, or 10? How much do they cost from Turkey or Guatemala or whatever? What booking class do they use? not only for miles and MQM's, but what about upgrades? Can a PM be upgraded with them, and if so, what are the wait times?

This is very basic info and from my experience with the Europe Pass (which took over 2 hours to ticket, even though most segments were OPEN) I am not too hopeful about this product.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Wink InduFan's blindness and his fan club

InduFan: You were blind to my earlier post on the same subject (about 5h before your post), but at least you got a fan club since several persons replied to yours but not mine... Either that or they are as blind as you are!
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:26 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
ST airlines started an AmericaPass (http://news.delta.com/article_displa...rticle_id=9354) that finaly provides a counterpart to its european equivalent. However, looking at the rules, I do not see what level of MQM they will provide. On the other hand I understand that it allows travel to HI or AK. The downside is that a flight with a connection (or even a stop somewhere) will cost you two coupons. Anybody got some thoughts?
There already is a thread about the SkyTeam America Pass currently under discussion, DeltaFlyingProf.

Instead of locking this thread, however, I am going to merge this thread with the original thread (while both threads are relatively new and have few posts), because I believe you bring up a valid question not yet discussed in the other thread.

I appreciate you posting this question, DeltaFlyingProf. Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Forum
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

InduFan: You were blind to my earlier post on the same subject (about 5h before your post), but at least you got a fan club since several persons replied to yours but not mine... Either that or they are as blind as you are!
Huh? I am confused. If I made a duplicate post, my apologies.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:55 am

Oops my mistake, I thought I read `today' when it said Jul 6...
My apologies to you, InduFan
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:59 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by indufan
Huh? I am confused. If I made a duplicate post, my apologies.
Actually, when two threads are combined, the chronological order of the posts from both threads are automatically maintained.

indufan was the first one to post on this topic.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Forum
Old Jul 12, 2004, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My apologies to you, InduFan
Accepted, thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:35 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
I'd rather pay the 99/129 fare with AF or codeshare flights in Europe for sale within the US. Those point to point fares always seemed to be the best value.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:22 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
nothing new

Actually, DL already had their America Air Pass for years. So it's nothing really new.

Whether it's useful or not pretty much comes down to the routes you fly. Sometimes, you're better off buying a cheap ticket or to include the routing you want in your transatlantic itinerary and fare - out of Europe, they usually allow at least 2 stopovers, with at least 1 free most of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.