Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Business class award-- perks & bumps questions...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2003, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

So, I've got an RTW business class award booked with Sky Team for next year (thanks to you guys, and Randy's awardplanner service).

I'm wondering what perks I can take advantage of, in addition to the roomy seats and upgraded meals--such as, club access (and to which clubs) & what is free there, ability to change ticket if desired (I doubt it), pre-boarding, elite lines, etc.

Do business class seats in any skyteam planes have powerpoints for laptops?

Also--how do bumps work on an award like this? If I can get one, is it worth it? What do they offer, if anything, when you're flying free?

I usually do this on the cheap, so have had only one business class flight up to now and am not sure what to expect(KLM back from Spain).

thanks!

JP
Old Dec 2, 2003, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
You have access to all non First Class lounges on AF, AZ, KE and OK. I don't really know about DL rules.

You have access to elite lines, you have priority boarding when it is available.

AF A330s have powerports. AF 747s do not.

[This message has been edited by JOUY31 (edited Dec 02, 2003).]
Old Dec 7, 2003, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
For DL you have access to the DL BusinessElite lounge if you are on BusinessElite service within the US (there are about 30 such flights); otherwise no Crown Room access, I'm afraid (unlike outside of the US where you will always have business class lounge access).
Old Dec 11, 2003, 1:01 am

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by number_6:
For DL you have access to the DL BusinessElite lounge if you are on BusinessElite service within the US (there are about 30 such flights); otherwise no Crown Room access, I'm afraid (unlike outside of the US where you will always have business class lounge access).</font>
I believe that BusinessElite US is gone. Some confusses this with domestic flights serviced with the same international aircrafts with BusinessElite seats.
With business class connecting to an international flight, you should be able to access the Crown Room.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information!

Any idea how bumps work on an international award trip? Credit given?

Thanks!

JP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.