Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/ Alitalia Economy JFK-MXP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2003, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Delta/ Alitalia Economy JFK-MXP

Does anyone know the difference between these two products? Is Alitalia nicer?
I am familiar with Delta's international economy. Im just trying to decide between Delta or Alitalia for a JFK-MXP flight.
Thanks

------------------
Delta GM, United Premier, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Old Feb 11, 2003, 6:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
I would go for AZ:
- less "security" hassle
- more friendly service
- free alcoholic drinks
- best food (?)
- more languages spoken (French).
My 2 Euro cents worth ...
Old Feb 12, 2003, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkyTeam777:
Does anyone know the difference between these two products? Is Alitalia nicer?
I am familiar with Delta's international economy. Im just trying to decide between Delta or Alitalia for a JFK-MXP flight.
Thanks

</font>
AZ may be better in coach as stated, but if you are a Delta GM, you may well have a chance for an operational upgrade to the BE cabin of a Delta flight.

Old Feb 12, 2003, 7:46 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
AZ may be better in coach as stated, but if you are a Delta GM, you may well have a chance for an operational upgrade to the BE cabin of a Delta flight.</font>
Are you serious? Even PMs rarely get an upgrade, GM out of JFK would have very little chance, particularly to MXP.

Old Feb 14, 2003, 3:19 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I flew Delta once to NRT. No personal screens, just the one main screen. All food and movies were shown in the first six hours so after that I was scratching my head wondering whatto do for the next 8 hours...
Old Feb 17, 2003, 3:19 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sylvest941:
I would go for AZ:
- less "security" hassle
- more friendly service
- free alcoholic drinks
- best food (?)
</font>

Don't forget the beautiful stewardesses!
Old Feb 17, 2003, 6:33 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
By opinion: you should book the Alitalia flight by way of a DL codeshare. It has been said that the Alitalia folks are horrible when it comes to irregular ops, so it might be good to have DL's terrific CSR's on your side in the case of a problem.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 3:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sylvest941:
I would go for AZ:
- less "security" hassle
- more friendly service
- free alcoholic drinks
- best food (?)
</font>
Any reason why AZ staff on JFK-MXP would talk french? Sounds a bit strange, I would have guessed english and italian.

Old Feb 20, 2003, 6:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Because French is widely spoken by Italian people (maybe flight attendants are an exception !).
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:35 pm

Reviving a very old thread...

Anyone have an opinion on the current product? AZ a330 vs DL 767-400.
From what I see, the AZ plane is newer but set 2-4-2 with 17" seat width. The DL plane is 2-3-2 with 17.8" seat width.

Anyone here with personal experience? Both are the same price.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:47 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by angelicboris

From what I see, the AZ plane is newer but set 2-4-2 with 17" seat width. The DL plane is 2-3-2 with 17.8" seat width.

[duplicate]

Last edited by pieterde; Feb 2, 2012 at 3:56 am
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by angelicboris

2-4-2 on the A330 is 18".
Classica Plus is 20" wide by the way. Seatguru is wrong
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Both planes would have AVOD (and I've found DL to have more options). If you are flying during the day, this may be a great way to pass time. Of course, AZ offers a TON of Italian classics that you don't really see on a plane all that often.

No comment on the Y seats (though the AZ A330 was better than the DL 764)

Two tihngs to consider: You can pay a nominal amount ($100 or less) to move yourself to a DL economy comfort seat, which ocmes with free booze and free premium entertainment. Same regular seat, more pitch and recline.

On AZ, they have a separate premium economy cabin, with upgraded seats and amenities (poster above mentioned 20" width), amenity kits, etc. The cost to get there is higher (most likely) - though you may be able to do a day of departure upgrade at the airport. I can see them charging EUR 150-200 for the privilege.

I cannot comment on meals or Y service

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by RobertS975
AZ may be better in coach as stated, but if you are a Delta GM, you may well have a chance for an operational upgrade to the BE cabin of a Delta flight.
The chances of that are so narrow I wouldn't take it into account.

Go for AZ for all the reasons stated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.