Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam assumes KLM, Northwest, Continental will join

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2002, 8:00 am
Original Poster

SkyTeam assumes KLM, Northwest, Continental will join

SkyTeam officials from member airlines speaking at an alliance media briefing in Atlanta yesterday made it clear that strategic planning is proceeding on the clear assumption that KLM, Northwest Airlines and Continental Airlines will be the next members pending regulatory and other hurdles. In fact, a representative of KLM management attended the briefing incognito at the invitation of the current SkyTeam members. Alitalia said it will not object to KLM entering the alliance despite the ugly breakup of their own proposed operational integration in April 2000. “KLM was a good partner back then, so why shouldn't that be the case again,” an Alitalia official said in Atlanta. Alitalia and KLM have agreed to arbitrate damages over the ending of their partnership.

Separately, Delta, Northwest and Continental have requested a decision from the US Dept. of Transportation on their proposed codesharing alliance by Dec. 6.

http://www.atwonline.com/indexfull.cfm?newsid=2305

------------------
I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question. Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions. www.delta.com/email

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.