SkyTeam in-seat power?

Old Jun 17, 02, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, {Hilton, Bonvoy} Gold
SkyTeam in-seat power?

We're looking at a SkyTeam RTW itinerary in business class, and as part of this, wondering which carriers have in-seat power or similarly useful amenities in C.

To the best of my knowledge:

Delta (DL) - in-seat power in all BizElite cabins (now that the Tritanics are gone), and in domestic F only on 737-800 and 767-400 (are there any domestic F config 777s?).

Aeromexico (AM) - doesn't look like it based on their website (though we probably won't wind up on AM on this trip anyway).

Alitalia (AZ) - apparently bans many portable electronic devices, allowing only "Electric razors, analog sound reproduction systems and laptop computers not connected to printers or compact disc readers". So, since our laptop's DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive is internal, it's apparently not allowed. This means we will be avoiding AZ. (Hint for the SkyTeam 'seamlessness' folks; why is my laptop ok on a DL MD-11 or 767 but not on an AZ MD-11 or 767?)

Air France (AF) - doesn't mention in-flight power on their website description of L'espace Affaires.

CSA Czech Airlines (OK) - no C class info on website.

Korean Air (KE) - doesn't mention in-flight power on their website description of their business class.

Any info from folks who can add to this would be appreciated.

[edit to cover 767-400 and 777 config info, second edit to fix URL link typo]

[This message has been edited by CKDGM (edited 06-17-2002).]
Old Jun 17, 02, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe your assessment of AZ is overly anal. Many airlines have similar rules and I have yet to hear or see anyone ever check laptops to see whether they have CD/DVD drives.
Old Jun 17, 02, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, {Hilton, Bonvoy} Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
I believe your assessment of AZ is overly anal. Many airlines have similar rules and I have yet to hear or see anyone ever check laptops to see whether they have CD/DVD drives.</font>
See this post on Google Groups for one reported experience. (The rest of the thread gets off topic pretty quickly, though.)
Old Jun 17, 02, 4:01 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
KE has outlets in Biz. They are the same Empower ports that you will find in DL BE. (This concerns the 744. Not sure about other equip).