Search

SWISS to be newest SKYTEAM member?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2002, 7:28 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

SWISS to be newest SKYTEAM member?

Reportedly, Swiss, the new Swiss national carrier, is presently engaged in talks to join "SkyTeam," the nascent alliance around Air France Group as stated in Handeslzeitung.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 12:21 pm

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Reportedly, Swiss, the new Swiss national carrier, is presently engaged in talks to join "SkyTeam," the nascent alliance around Air France Group as stated in Handeslzeitung.</font>
That will be very interesting. Swissair left the partnership with Delta due to Delta and Air France started SkyTeam.
I don't think that Swissair decision was very smart - both Swissair and Sabena lost a lot of business after canceling the cooperation with Delta.
It will interesting to see which alliance Swiss will join. I have feeling that it will be OneWorld, but who knows.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, they said that they didn't want to be in it..... remember?????? Oh, did their yields then plummet?? I hope Delta screws them to the wall!!!!!
Old Feb 14, 2002, 6:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Reportedly, Swiss, the new Swiss national carrier, is presently engaged in talks to join "SkyTeam," the nascent alliance around Air France Group as stated in Handeslzeitung.</font>
Reportedly, Swiss is in talks with anybody!
Old Feb 17, 2002, 3:48 pm

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
I would love to see them in Skyteam. But it's hard to predict. Indeed anything is possible. It's sad to see that the wrong decision led to bankruptcy and now a lot of people are affected and for what ???

I fly a lot in that direction so that would be a very welcome alternative to AF, which is more time-consuming for me.

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
Old Feb 17, 2002, 5:56 pm

I'd like to see it too. I go NYC-ZRH a lot and enjoyed the Atlantic Excellence Alliance (SR OS SN) but since that is no more, I need to go thru CDG (YUK), or from NYC-ATL-ZRH. If they do join, I hope they can negotiate better upgrade possibilities than AF - impossible. I never had a problem trying to upgrade on SR.
Old Feb 22, 2002, 9:16 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Swiss airline narrows alliance choice to two

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/020222/l22122019_1.html

Old Feb 27, 2002, 9:13 am

Also in this article:

......Dose said one of the biggest risks to the firm's success was potential claims from creditors.

``In the end, there will still be 12 billion Swiss francs in uncovered debt,'' he said, referring to the 12.4 billion francs of unsecured debts at Swissair Group.

``The creditors will see what's around and what they can get back. The more successful we are, the more likely we are to see more claims,'' he said.

Dose said the airline was working to put a firewall between Swissair and swiss.

``If we are not careful enough, we risk the entire project,'' he said.......
============================================
Skyteam or Oneworld or ....!?! It does not matter much. They will have a hard time staying alive! They need a monster firewall to "hedge from claims" in the amount of $ 7,250,000,000.00. I wish Swiss all the best, however, I am not going to fly with them very soon.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 8:41 am

More trouble for Swiss:

01.03.2002, 15:43 Uhr -AFP
SAirGroup will neue Airline-Marke Swiss verbieten lassen
Streit um finanzielle Entschädigung mit Crossair
Zürich, 1. März (AFP) - Zwischen der zusammengebrochenen Swissair-Gruppe und ihrer Nachfolgerin Crossair ist es zu einem handfesten Streit über den Namen der künftigen Schweizer Nationalairline gekommen. Die SAirGroup kündigte am Freitag an, sie werde den geplanten Namen Swiss gerichtlich verbieten lassen. Unter diesem will die Regionalfluglinie Crossair mit Teilen der ehemaligen Swissair zur neuen dominierenden schweizerischen Fluggesellschaft aufsteigen. Die SAirGroup verlangt eine finanzielle Entschädigung für die Namensnutzung.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 3:34 pm

Looks like Swiss Airline will be teaming with Oneworld and not Sky Team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.