Wiki Posts
Search

AF DROPPED THE BALL FOR ME...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2001, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL-PM
AF DROPPED THE BALL FOR ME...

Recent AF trip back from Florence, IT to Boston as award travel for my family was a disaster.

ATC delays caused us to miss our connection at CDG. AF was waiting for a group of about 15 BOS bound pax, took us to the AF Customer Service Counter where we proceeded to wait two hours as they laboriously booked us all on the next morning's CDG-JFK flight, as there were no other US flights that night. We were told that we would have to layover 6 hours at JFK to get a flight to BOS, and that no, the LGA shuttle was not an option.

Then, hotel and dinner vouchers, but another 1/2 hour and no toiletry kits ((the luggage was checked through) for us or the kids. Fed up, we took the shuttle to the Delta counter and bless their hearts, they and an Aeromexico rep. got us four AF toiletry kits from AF Baggage Services.

Once we got to JFK the next morning, Delta found no record of our being booked on the afternoon flight to BOS, but happily rebooked us on the LGA shuttle as long as we sprang for cab fare.

All in all, AF has a long way to go on the customer service side to get where they need to be in any sort of alliance!
Old Apr 18, 2001, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Well I have a somewhat worse story - I'm working on it for a trip posting, along with my experiences in Budapest - hope to have it done in a few days. AF ground service is HORRIBLE. On top of everything else they lost my luggage and are still looking for it after United(bless them) had found it and DELIVERED it to me. How do they stay in business?
Old Apr 19, 2001, 5:21 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
How do they stay in business?[/B]
Just becasue they are owned by the government, first,
and becasue they do not have any competitor, second.
(See these AOL, AIr Liberte owned by Swisssair going to bankrupcy).

Please, complain and complain and complain, this is the only solution having them improvoing. I keep trying to complain each time there is a probmem (which means each time), and hope that, in the long term, it could work.

Yes, definitevely, they are bad on the ground, a little better in the air. They unfortunaltely do not make any benchmarking, except may-be in te top-management, but in this case do not use the conclusions.
For the FA and people at the counters, they do not EVEN have a rough idea about customers. We are just animals.

Old Apr 19, 2001, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Better make that Les Animales, you know how the french hate english...
Old Apr 22, 2001, 3:21 pm

AF is in an alliance with DL? You couldn't tell that from my flight habits.
Old May 7, 2001, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
ScottC --

Better make that "les animaux"....I know how the French hate mispelled French...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.