Reload this Page >

CSA's entry into the international SkyTeam Alliance is official

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSA's entry into the international SkyTeam Alliance is official

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2000, 10:50 pm

I flew JFK-SEL a few months ago in F and the service was superb. The seats were just 180 degree reclining seats (not suites) with plenty of room but the service made up for it. A friend of mine who has flown both CX and KE trans-pacific thought KE was better that CX.

Here is my preference in service(based upon one KE flight in F and several in the others) CX, KE, BA, QF, DL, AA.

For seat comfort: CX, BA, QF, KE, DL, AA
Old Dec 9, 2000, 4:58 am
DOC 2 BE

I think the news is great, but I have one simple question? What does this do to CO's existing alliance with CSA? Is it still extant, so I can choose with whom I wish to allocate the FF miles that I will earn when flying CSA?

Also, I flew CSA on CO points to PRG and BUD and the service was fine -- it was no 3rd world airline.

Old Dec 10, 2000, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
CSA - try this airline before you put them in the 3rd world category. No aircraft on international routes is older then 10 years, yes, they are all western build a/c, and C class has at least the same service level then AF, i rate CSA even higher the AF!
Very nice FA's, good food. You will like the JFK-PRG flights in C better then AF operated flights through CDG.
A nice addition to Skyteam.
Old Jan 7, 2001, 8:49 am

Although I've never flown CSA myself, I've never heard a bad thing about them. A few folk I know who have been with them are full of praise. I think they could be an interesting addition to SkyTeam (hate that name!)

Many people have been critical of Delta and their approach with SkyTeam citing "third world airlines". As mentioned elsewhere, this may turn out to be a better strategy for the future than that of Star and Oneworld, although my personal feeling is that it happened by defualt not by any early planning by Delta/AF. They were definately slow in the alliance game. They may just make up the difference now.

------------------
Mark

[This message has been edited by MarkB (edited 01-07-2001).]
Old Mar 23, 2001, 4:47 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Another official announcement!

Czech Airlines will join the "Sky Team" alliance of four airlines -- Korean Air, Delta, Air France and AeroMexico -- this month, officials said Thursday.

The decision came at a meeting of chief executives from the four airlines Wednesday in Seoul, Korean Air officials said, adding Czech Airlines would become a Sky Team member from March 25.
http://www.centraleurope.com/investo...php3?id=317676
Old Apr 23, 2001, 9:12 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

DL expanded its codeshare relationship with SkyTeam partner CSA Czech Airlines flights via Prague to Milan, Italy; Stockholm, Sweden; and Hamburg, Germany.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010423/atm016.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.