Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

SkyTeam Airline Alliance Offers Smoke-Free Worldwide Flights

SkyTeam Airline Alliance Offers Smoke-Free Worldwide Flights

Reply

Old Oct 31, 00, 7:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: ATL, PAR, AMS & back to ATL
Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Posts: 1,222
SkyTeam Airline Alliance Offers Smoke-Free Worldwide Flights

SkyTeam Airline Alliance Offers Smoke-Free Worldwide Flights

Tuesday, October 31, 2000 09:00 AM

Aeromexico, Air France, Delta Air Lines, Korean Air All Provide Smoke-Free Service
ATLANTA, Oct. 31 /PRNewswire/ -- World airline passengers will enjoy a new standard of service as the SkyTeam alliance today announced it will offer customers smoke-free service on more than 6,400 daily flights throughout its extensive worldwide route system.

In a joint statement, the airlines' CEOs said, "This action further underscores our SkyTeam pledge to put the customer back into global alliances. SkyTeam can truly become a clear choice for customers worldwide with this decision to offer smoke-free flights."

Air France, Europe's first airline to have phased in smoke-free flights on most of its routes since 1990, recently decided to extend this policy to its entire worldwide network beginning Nov. 1, 2000. Air France joins Aeromexico, Delta Air Lines and Korean Air in offering smoke-free flights throughout their extensive global systems.

In 1995, Delta became the first U.S. carrier to implement a worldwide smoke-free policy. Korean Air began offering smoke-free flights worldwide in March, 1999. Also, in 1999, Aeromexico implemented a smoke-free policy on 96 percent of its flights and in October, 2000, the remaining 4 percent became smoke-free.

Currently, SkyTeam's network of strategically located hubs in Latin America, Europe, the United States and Asia offers travelers multiple departure time options on more than 6,400 daily flights to 451 destinations in 98 countries.

SkyTeam frequent flyers earn miles in their current accounts when flying any of the partner airlines; miles can be exchanged for a reward ticket on any SkyTeam airline. In addition, top-tier flyers on each of the alliance airlines automatically attain SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus status with enhanced benefits. Elite and Elite Plus status are supplemental to all member airlines' current frequent flier program offerings.

SkyTeam Elite members (Aeromexico Club Premier Oro and Club Premier Oro Corporativo, Air France Frequence Plus Bleu, Delta SkyMiles Silver and Gold Medallion, and Korean Air Morning Calm) receive priority waitlist, priority check-in and boarding, preferred seating, access to more than 265 airport lounges across the network when flying international first and business class, and priority on airport standby listings. SkyTeam Elite Plus members (Aeromexico Club Premier Platino, Air France's Frequence Plus Rouge, Delta SkyMiles Platinum Medallion, and Korean Air Morning Calm Premium and Million Miler) qualify for all of the aforementioned benefits as well as guaranteed economy-class reservations, even if the flight is full; priority baggage handling; and lounge access for the passenger and a guest regardless of travel class.

Passengers also will be able to find SkyTeam information by logging onto www.skyteam.com

Russ21Atl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 00, 8:35 am
  #2  
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 46,816
Yes, and as a nonsmoker I truly like, and even applaud this concept- yet STRIKE FREE would be an even better alternative!
doc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 00, 9:31 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 1,321
will this put an end to aeroflot's interest in skyteam? aren't they the airline that wants to sue usa carriers for banning smoking on flights to moscow?
lonman is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread