Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Flying late september/early october; will SAS be in skyteam?

Old Apr 8, 2024, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, MM

Hi - I am considering booking SAS for a trip in late september/oct, as they have a very competitive premium economy fate for my dates. Based on what i've seen, SAS should exit SA in Q2, and imminently join ST. I'd like to get the spend credit for these flights. What level of confidence would you have to book this and expect ST credit.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
SAS (SK) announced yesterday that they are leaving Star Alliance (*A) effective Saturday, 31 August 2024.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, MM
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
SAS (SK) announced yesterday that they are leaving Star Alliance (*A) effective Saturday, 31 August 2024.
Any guess on how long the transition to skyteam would be? A week? A month?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It would seem logical that the reason they announce the date well in advance would be so that the transition from Star Alliance to SkyTeam could be immediate. I don't have any personal experience crediting newly joined SkyTeam partner flights to DL, however.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'd say there's a 95% chance that SK flights will be creditable to AF, KL and DL immediately as of 1st September.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Yes in Skyteam after September 1 2024. If you are flying in East Asia you now have access to PVG/SHA MU/FM MF XMN Skyteam Mainland China carriers lounges KE ICN lounges should be familiar to someone in the old Alliance since SK star alliance partner OZ is based in ICN GA CGK SGN/HAN VN CI TPE formerly accessed via BR lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.