Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

RTW now permanently “closed”

Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:19 am
Original Poster

According to the Skyteam website , RTW tickets are now officially “closed” . The RTW tickets had been suspended indefinitely and are now no longer going to be offered .
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:05 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
This is the blurb on https://www.skyteam.com/en/round-the-world-planner/:

SkyTeam has made the decision to close the Round the World (RTW) Ticket program
Over the last 10 years, traveler preferences have evolved significantly in response to advancements in digital infrastructure for point-to-point travel and SkyTeam supports these developments. With this in mind, and after careful consideration of our product offerings, SkyTeam has made the decision to close the Round the World (RTW) Ticket program.

This decision was not made lightly and we understand that many of our loyal customers. who enjoyed the flexibility and extensive travel options that the Round the World Ticket provided, may be disappointed.

While the Round the World Ticket program will no longer be available, customers can be assured that SkyTeam remains dedicated to providing a seamless and enjoyable travel experience. Our extensive network of member airlines continues to offer an array of destinations and unparalleled connectivity across the globe.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 4:29 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
This seems odd to do, although I guess you can still piece together RTWs on many booking engines
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
This is so disappointing. I will do at least 2-3 RTW per year and was looking forward to using SkyTeam (I relocated recently and flying KL now instead of UA). I guess I will continue to use Star Alliance :-/
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:32 pm

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
One of the benefits of international alliances is being able to assemble a Round the World itinerary combining some of the world's leading airlines. There is no one carrier that serves all the destinations that an avid traveler would want to visit, which is why the RTW programme was so useful. Any programme that combined Delta, Korean Air, Air France, KLM, Kenya Airways and Vietnam Airlines was hard to beat.
Jade_BR likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.