Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA and Skyteam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:30 am
Original Poster

ITA and Skyteam

I am just wondering why there are so many restrictions in earning mileage for Skyteam Frequent Flyers when flying the new ITA Airlines. If ITA is recognized as a member, why cant we all earn and burn like any other partner skyream airlines. They should like not make ITA a member if flying it will not bring in the rteir miles and award miles etc. It is just confusing because the reason we chose ITA was for the teir credit but now realizing that it has to be coded by DL or AF or KL or your own program. How come so many restrictions on an allegedly full Skyteam member?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very good questions but hard to know the answers for sure. I believe the problem lies mostly on ITA side which was launched without being fully ready to operate. Many agreements were lacking and they announced going to Skyteam at the same time the Italian government said they were looking for a buyer for ITA and that LH was the preferred option. So there was likely no rush for ITA to sign all the necessary agreements with the Skyteam airlines in case they had to leave a few months later for *A. As a consequence, ST airlines did not grant benefits to ITA customers as agreements were lacking.
Smuffe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.