Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

China Eastern - Rerouting Trip With Connecting Flight in China Subscribed

Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

I am currently in South Korea and have an upcoming flight to SFO where I connect in Qingdao, China. Since the you might get quarantined notice from Uncle Sam came out this weekend, Iíd like to skip flying through China.

I called China Easternís North American reservations line today and the rep on the other end said she would not reroute me, but that my only option was to get a refund for the ticket.

Has anyone ever been able to get China Eastern to reroute you (if needed on a partner Skyteam airline) in similar situations? There are a few flights on Delta / Korean Air that goes to SFO on the same day as my original itinerary. I am booked in business so a last minute one way ticket purchased from a different airline would be quite a bit more expensive.

There are a ton of contact numbers on China Easternís website - would calling a specific one get you in touch with reps who can do more, or maybe contacting them through a social media median? I am Skyteam Elite through Delta if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: FB Plat
A friend is flying CDG to MEL with China Southern, so flying through mainland China. He also got the same answer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.