Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Arrivals Lounge for Sky Team Elite Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Priority Club PM
CDG Arrivals Lounge for Sky Team Elite Plus

My wife and I are traveling DTW-CDG the end of January. Outbound flight is Air France. She is traveling in business on a reward ticket booked through Delta. I'm traveling paid Y booked through AF. I'm a Delta PM, she has no status.

According to the Air France website, Sky Team Elite Plus can use the lounge "upon arrival on a long-haul SkyTeam flight to Paris-Charles de Gaulle terminal 2C". Per the Sky Team site, lounge access applies only to departures and connections. Which one is correct here?
Also, can she access the arrivals lounge from traveling business class?

Thanks,
bh
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, you can both access the arrival lounge in 2C, your wife flying in J and you being Skyteam Elite plus. The sentence you are quoting from Skyteam website "lounge access applies only to departures and connections" is a general sentence about departure lounges.
The arrival lounge in 2C is located landside, on the left, just after the last check-in counter (it was AA counters last time I was there), before the pathway to terminal 2A.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Basically its the same as the Amsterdam crown lounge. Your wife wont get access on arrival because of her business class ticket, but elite plus members can invite a guest so your wife will be able to go in with you.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, ST Elite+ (FB), MR Plat for Life, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Not sure it's possible b/c of your Elite+ status. Neither I'm sure my input is relevant for I never arrived to CDG from the US.

On European flights I couldn't get in the lounge upon arrival with my Gold Czech Airlines (OK+) but I could with the Platinum OK+ (also, ST Elite+, but a top tier). With the latter - the lounge staff never cared for its validity though
If the OK+ logic applies here you may have to me DM.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:32 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by tris06
Basically its the same as the Amsterdam crown lounge. Your wife wont get access on arrival because of her business class ticket, but elite plus members can invite a guest so your wife will be able to go in with you.
This statement is incorrect.A biz ticket on AF/Delta/KLM will absolutely get you access to the arrivals lounge.

You should also be able to allow her in as a guest, but the first part is wrong.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:31 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by A4K
A biz ticket on AF/Delta/KLM will absolutely get you access to the arrivals lounge.
This applies to arrivals on a long-haul flight, not on a medium-haul flight.
You should also be able to allow her in as a guest.
As an Elite+ passenger, not as a J passenger.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Air France
Flying Blue Gold and Platinum or SkyTeam Elite Plus
You and a guest of your choice can take advantage of free entry to the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges.

You have access to the lounges when you travel:

on an AIR FRANCE, KLM, or SkyTeam international flight,
on an Air France flight within Paris that departs from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly West and airports in certain select cities,
on a KLM flight within the Netherlands that departs from Amsterdam-Schiphol,
on a SkyTeam flight within one country that connects to a SkyTeam international flight on the same day,
upon arrival on a long-haul SkyTeam flight to Paris-Charles de Gaulle terminal 2C,
upon arrival on a SkyTeam international flight to Amsterdam Schiphol (KLM Crown Lounges), Dubai, Glasgow, Houston, Johannesburg, and Toronto.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:54 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
I know this is old but how are you saying DTW CDG not a long haul flight?

The OPs wife should have access as a J passenger on a TATL arriving flight and the OP as a STE.

If the 2c is the issue then I would say Air France just hasn't update their website. Do they even fly out of 2c anymore? I don't think so.

Last edited by A4K; Feb 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
well

By my calculation. Generally short haul is under 5hrs. Medium haul is 5-9/10hrs and 9/10+ is long haul. But i am not sure if even long haul would be allowed considering its a funny rule if it is. As far as i knew really only the flying blue or elite plus members could do it. DTW is about an 7-8hr flight.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
5-9 hrs already falls in long-haul mostly.
DTW-CDG is definitely a long-haul flight.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would consider any TATL or TPAC flight I can think of to be long haul (but maybe there's some service between Russia and Alaska that I'm missing here). Otherwise I think the boundary is around six to eight hours.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
I had no trouble accessing them after my flight from JFK
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by tris06
By my calculation. Generally short haul is under 5hrs. Medium haul is 5-9/10hrs and 9/10+ is long haul. But i am not sure if even long haul would be allowed considering its a funny rule if it is. As far as i knew really only the flying blue or elite plus members could do it. DTW is about an 7-8hr flight.
Definitions can vary between airlines. For AF, which is what counts for access to the 2C arrivals lounge, medium-haul flights are flights between CDG and metropolitan France, Corsica, Europe (including IST, SVO, LED and TLV), Northern Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia). Anything else from/to CDG is long-haul. BTW, short-haul for AF refers to the domestic network from/to ORY.

So a flight from DTW (or JFK, for that matter) definitely counts as long-haul and grants access to the 2C arrivals lounge.

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 23, 2014 at 10:29 am
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: DL Plat. Medallion
Any updates on this topic? Were you allowed access? I'll be traveling from MSP to CDG on Delta metal (DL171) arriving in the morning (08:35 hrs), and my hotel will not allow check in until the afternoon. I'd like a shower at the arrivals lounge or somewhere else.
I am a Delta Gold Medallion and my friend is a silver medallion. Would we be allowed access to the arrivals lounge with showers?

If not, are there showers available for purchase elsewhere in the airport?

Is it generally very busy in the lounge with a wait for the showers?

Last year, we used showers, but they were on the plane side while coming in from an overnight flight from JNB before getting on a flight to DTW. We arrived very early and were there first ones in the lounge, so there wasn't a wait for the showers there. Not sure if the arrivals side will be busier. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by universitylad
...I am a Delta Gold Medallion and my friend is a silver medallion. Would we be allowed access to the arrivals lounge with showers?
Yes, for free if you are ST elite+, if not you have to pay:

"Discover the Arrivals lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport, located in Terminal 2C. The lounge offers showers, a buffet and beverages, as well as computer access. Whatever your cabin, you can relax and refresh after your flight or during your connection. The access fee for this lounge is €35 or €50* according to the time of day, subject to availability.
Learn more about the Arrivals lounge

* Rate is €50 between 5:00 AM and 10:00 AM, and €35 after 10:00 AM.
Access to the Arrivals lounge is available for travelers in the La Première cabin, and for Flying Blue Elite Plus members.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common..._airfrance.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.