Wiki Posts
Search

MF (Xiamen): three seats available, booking consists of 5

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

MF (Xiamen): three seats available, booking consists of 5

Hi,

I'm experimenting with some MF routes and stumbled upon a curious occurrence. Please see the picture attached. There are only three available seats (further back included) although the booking consists of 5 passengers. How can this be? Expertflyer shows more availability than is shown by MF on its website/booking system.

Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:50 am

Most airlines block some seat until check in opens (for multiple reasons, like minors needing to be seated next to the adult they're flying with etc.), so in general not every seat can be selected before check in. What is strange though is that Expertflyer is showing more seats than MF, are you sure they're not blocked on Expertflyer?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KL714
Most airlines block some seat until check in opens (for multiple reasons, like minors needing to be seated next to the adult they're flying with etc.), so in general not every seat can be selected before check in. What is strange though is that Expertflyer is showing more seats than MF, are you sure they're not blocked on Expertflyer?
Thanks. Yes, there are 6 seats that EF shows as available (see pic attached). I'm aware of the blocking practice, but nearly the WHOLE cabin? Also, the white "P" seats that EF aren't selectable/purchaseable on MF.

F0 A0 J9 C6 D4 I2 O3 Y9 H9 B9 M9 L9
K9 N9 Q9 V9 T9 R9 U6 G0 S9 Z0 X3
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:09 am

Right, that's strange indeed. One reason I can think of why the 'P' seat cannot be selected is that they can only be selected by SkyTeam Elite/Elite Plus pax (do you hold status with SkyTeam?), but that still does not explain why 45ABC/47ABC cannot be selected..
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

No, I don't hold any status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.