Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico MEX-NRT in J experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Aeromexico MEX-NRT in J experiences

Tried searching both here and Trip Reports but no results.

Anyone care to share experiences on AM's biz class service MEX-NRT or v.v.?? The flight works time-wise for me and I'd like to add another ST carrier to my long-haul "fleet" as long as it isn't a horrible biz class product!

Thank you for your knowledge.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
I'll let you know in a couple of weeks . I decided to give the TIJ-NRT segment a try so I'll know soon enough. I do know the 772 they are using is "brand new", factory fresh as of last year with the latest shell type seats, AVOD and all that type of good modern stuff you expect to find in international business class these days. Usually AM has pretty decent cabin service. Better than US standards, not up to the standard of some of the Asian carriers but I'd expect it to be pretty decent good service. However if you want a first hand account from me you must wait a couple of weeks
Old Aug 23, 2007, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Thumbs up Thanks!

I look forward to your report, Mabuk dan gila. I've used AM in biz on their new MGA-MEX service and it is decent for short-haul biz.

Enjoy your travels.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
To follow up on this. I flew AM57 NRT-TIJ in J last week. (and before that AM58 just in Y). Overall I was quite impressed with AM's product on this route^^^. Specifically in regards to the J product. My experience in international long haul J is confined to BR,CO,and NW so that is my perspective for basis of comparison. I found the cabin service to be above average within that group. On par with the best international J I have personally experienced. The cabin crew were really trying to do a first rate job and it showed. Champagne on boarding, nice amenity kits, etc. The food I would rate as average. No complaints, it was just fine, I liked it but I have had better from CO and from BR on a good day. There were European and Japanese menu selections. I was actually kind of eyeballing the entrée the Japanese gentleman across the aisle was served. My pasta entrée was good but his Japanese entrée looked quite tasty. The Japanese passengers seemed quite fond of the high quality tequila they offered along with other selections for an after dinner drink as well.

Complaints? Nothing major. The biggest would be the seat width. Seat pitch was awesome but they had 2-3-2 seating in J on a 777. I am accustomed to 2-2-2 in J on a 777, CO's 2-1-2 767's or 2-2 on CO's 757 or upstairs on BR's 747's. 2-3-2 just seemed a little narrow for long haul international J. I wasn't uncomfortable of bumping shoulders with my neighbor but the aisles and armrests were narrower than I am accustomed to in J on a 777. The seat wasn't full flat but pretty close. I slept quite comfortably. There was AVOD with a good selection of programming in Spanish, English, Portuguese and Japanese.

In all, a very good product. AM has put effort into this route and it shows. Not a big fan of 2-3-2 J seating in 777's but it was OK. BTW the flight over was about 98% full and the flight back was 100% full. If those two flights are any indication of normal, for an oddball route it is apparently very successful for AM and I'd be betting they are at least considering getting another 777 and increasing frequency. It looks like they have the business for it.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Very cool. Thank you for taking the time to follow-up and post a review. I saw an AM 777 in GRU the other day, and based on your report, would in the future look to try them (rather than DL, who I tried in BE this last time).
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:01 am

Any more current experiences?

Hi all. Been searching for good trip reports on this route and having a hard time finding anything current. Have you flown MEX-NRT on AM 788 in J? Welcome any and all details including service/meals, arrival, seat selection etc.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:18 am

Bump! Just hoping someone has firsthand experience with this flight on AM to get some details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.