FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   BLR - DUS options on SkyTeam? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/1960066-blr-dus-options-skyteam.html)

CO-PLAT Mar 9, 2019 9:38 am

BLR - DUS options on SkyTeam?

Need to get from Bangalore to Dusseldorf in J on April 8. Currently booked on Jet Airways through AMS. I selected this route vs. AF through CDG because AF will switch from 777 to A330 April 1st. Their A330 doesn't have lie flat seats. Now I'm worried about Jet Airways due to their financial situation.

What are SkyTeam alternatives? I can depart April 7 and overnight somewhere if necessary, but need to be in DUS no later than 2PM on the 8th. I'm even considering a non-SkyTeam short 1st segment to get me somewhere on the 7th, then SkyTeam from there (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha ...) to DUS on the 8th. I've never been to the Middle East so a night somewhere there wouldn't be so bad as long as no visa is required for US citizens.

I think worst case is I fly to DEL or BOM on the 7th, then take KLM (787) to AMS-DUS on the 8th.

Also worth considering is the currently closed Pakistan airspace, but that is supposed to be resolved in a couple more days.

mvdooren Mar 10, 2019 5:17 am

BLR > BOM > AMS > DUS (Book through KLM)

This one would do.

You are booking it through KLM, flying from BLR to BOM with Jet Airways
And all the other legs through KLM

I take this route multiple times per year, and have had good experience to date.

(512 EUROS / 40,213 INR)

Departing flight Sun, Apr 7 (Jet Airways / KLM)
Leg 1: 10:50 PM
Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru BLR
Travel time: 2h 10m
1:00 AM+1
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport BOM
Jet Airways
Economy
Boeing 737
9W 393
Ticket also sold by KLM
Often delayed by 30+ min
Average legroom (30 in)
Stream media to your device
3h 5m layover
Mumbai BOM
Overnight layover

Leg 2: 4:05 AM+1
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport BOM
Travel time: 9h 5m
Overnight
9:40 AM+1
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol AMS
KLM
Economy
Boeing 787
KL 878
Ticket also sold by Jet Airways
Average legroom (31 in)
Wi-Fi
In-seat power & USB outlets
On-demand video
1h 20m layover
Amsterdam AMS

Leg 3: 11:00 AM+1
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol AMS
Travel time: 50m
11:50 AM+1
Düsseldorf International Airport DUS
KLM
Economy
Embraer RJ-190
KL 1855
Plane and crew by Klm Cityhopper
Average legroom (30 in)

Returning flight Wed, Apr 17 (Air France )

Leg 1: 6:40 AM
Düsseldorf International Airport DUS
Travel time: 1h 20m
8:00 AM
Charles de Gaulle Airport CDG
Air France
Economy
Embraer RJ-190
AF 1107
Plane and crew by HOP!
Average legroom (31 in)
2h 15m layover

Paris CDG
Leg 2: 10:15 AM
Charles de Gaulle Airport CDG
Travel time: 10h 0m
11:45 PM
Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru BLR
Air France
Economy
Airbus A330
AF 194
Above average legroom (32 in)
On-demand video

Goldorak Mar 10, 2019 8:43 am

AF A330 are being retrofitted with new J lie-flat seats. BLR is on the list of possible destinations with the new seat from April 1st, but of course it doesn’t mean that you’ll have them for your flights.

CO-PLAT Mar 10, 2019 10:29 am

Originally Posted by mvdooren (Post 30868421)
This one would do.

You are booking it through KLM, flying from BLR to BOM with Jet Airways
And all the other legs through KLM

The problem here is that there is still a Jet Airways segment. The justification to my employer for incurring the change fees is to avoid Jet Airways.
I suppose I could take an non-Jet Airways Indian (Spice Jet, Air India, IndiGo) airline from BLR-BOM on the 7th.

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 30868894)
AF A330 are being retrofitted with new J lie-flat seats. BLR is on the list of possible destinations with the new seat from April 1st, but of course it doesn’t mean that you’ll have them for your flights.

Good to know. AF website reads this: "From the summer of 2019, the new Airbus A330 will fly gradually to Accra (Ghana), Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), Cotonou (Benin), Lagos (Nigeria), Niamey (Niger), Bengaluru and Delhi (India) as well as Seattle , Chicago and Dallas (USA)."

https://corporate.airfrance.com/fr/a...les-sur-airbus

Goldorak Mar 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT (Post 30869236)
Good to know. AF website reads this: "From the summer of 2019, the new Airbus A330 will fly gradually to Accra (Ghana), Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), Cotonou (Benin), Lagos (Nigeria), Niamey (Niger), Bengaluru and Delhi (India) as well as Seattle , Chicago and Dallas (USA)."

“From the summer” means from April 1st as this is the beginning of the IATA summer season (and AF has clearly mentioned April 1st in other communications). But, clearly, the new seat will not be on all those destinations/all flights from this date. It will be a progressive roll-out over the next months and until the end of the year.