Search

Vietnam Air SGN-CGK-SRG on Garuda Air

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat / Marriott Gold / SPG Gold
Vietnam Air SGN-CGK-SRG on Garuda Air

Hi All,

New to SkyTeam... I will be in Asia for work travel in May and on May 21st I need to get from Ho Chi Minh to Semarang, Indonesia. My client will be on the following flights and I would like to replicate his travel.
  • Vietnam Airlines flight 631 departs SGN at 10:35 / arrives CGK at 13:50
  • Garuda Indonesia flight 248 departs CGK at 16:15 / arrives SRG at 17:35
He is booking his travel through his corporate travel department and they have come up with this connecting itinerary although I don't have details of the booking codes, etc.

I prefer to book directly when I can, but I have searched for this itinerary on both airline websites, plus SkyTeam (they're both members), and of course Google Flights. I simply cannot find this as an available booking... So I asked my own corporate travel department and they are able to ticket this. So what am I missing?

Any help would be appreciated... I'd love to book direct but will use the travel department if I must.

Thanks in advance!
kcKOB
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by kcKOB
... So what am I missing?...
Just that all flights/and /or booking classes are not available to anyone directly on the web except if you are a TA.
Have you try to call directly Garuda or Vietnam airlines?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It took me 30s to find it on Expedia. 1st flight option displayed in the list

Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
So Expedia is a good TA
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by delanotre
Just that all flights/and /or booking classes are not available to anyone directly on the web except if you are a TA.
Have you try to call directly Garuda or Vietnam airlines?
When I was asking for advice I was acknowledging that they are not available to anyone directly on the web - that's the exact issue I outlined in the post, so I wasn't missing anything apparently. I was simply hoping there might be a workaround so that I could book directly with the airlines. Also, I had not called either airline directly, but if they have good phone agents I will give that a shot. Thanks for the advice.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It took me 30s to find it on Expedia. 1st flight option displayed in the list

I was specifically asking about ways to book directly with the airline(s) and already had a way to book through my corporate travel department. I don't see how booking through an OTA at all addresses my question. But thank you for the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.