Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern Airline Fares change to stratospherical levels when booked

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Question China Eastern Airline Fares change to stratospherical levels when booked

I have been following MU fares to East/SE Asia for the past couple of weeks, and they change as soon as selected. E.g: RT JFK - NRT went from $493 to $4900+ Feb 1-11. It is doing that for Expedia, Amextravel, Orbitz also. Anyone experience the same? Is it because they are feeding fake info to the portals?
Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by spc354
I have been following MU fares to East/SE Asia for the past couple of weeks, and they change as soon as selected. E.g: RT JFK - NRT went from $493 to $4900+ Feb 1-11. It is doing that for Expedia, Amextravel, Orbitz also. Anyone experience the same? Is it because they are feeding fake info to the portals?
Cheers.
Not sure about the issue, but given that we are talking about the week of the Chinese New Year, one could assume that PRC airlines offer fewer dirt-cheap fares around the holidays,
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:30 pm

I took a quick search and found Cheapoair to price out on $546 from Feb.1-10 going from JFK to TYO. They didn't reprice but I didn't go ahead with inputting my information. You might want to check them out.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Book the Chinese airlines on trip.com. You won't have any issues.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:35 am
ZCY

I tried to book from China Eastern Chinese website for a trip from LAX to NKG. The price jumps about $1000 when I click checkout.
But I can still find the same route with the lower price on Expedia. Really weird.

One question - I plan to credit MU flights to my Skymiles account. Do I still earn the MQMs if I book through expedia?
Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Flying with chinese airlines within 2 weeks before and after can easily mean exspensive tickets as its the biggest movement of people in the world for those few weeks. Flying 2hrs from Shenzhen to Chongqing will cost you 200USD each way during this time of the year. And more chinese are deciding to take overseas trip during the CNY so the demand is high.Of course for non chinese countries it is a boon for business because February (I suppose excluding EU School break) is usually when business is much quieter compared to December or January.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by ZCY
One question - I plan to credit MU flights to my Skymiles account. Do I still earn the MQMs if I book through expedia?
Thank you!
Yes, you will be able to credit without problem. Doesn't mater where you book, so long it's a published fare, operated by MU or a SkyTeam airline, and the flight number is MU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.