Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Skymiles vs Flying Blue Help!

Skymiles vs Flying Blue Help!

Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:21 pm
UPC
Original Poster

Question Skymiles vs Flying Blue Help!

Need help deciding if I should use skymiles or flying blue.

For some additional information, I do have an AMEX Platinum card that I use for business purchases, so I do get a lot of AMEX points that I believe can be transferred into Delta Skymiles at 1:1. I have a Chase business CC as well (which seems to partner with flying blue), but I prefer to use my AMEX Plat. Also, I do have a SkyBonus account for myself and my employees.

Onto to posted questions:

1. What is most important to you in a frequent flyer program (FFP)?
I'm not sure what award redemption rates are, but basically, I want to use points for upgrades and to towards getting flights

2. How many miles do you usually fly each year? How many flights/sectors?
I'd be flying from Houston Texas to East Africa (Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya) 6-12 times per year, some domestic flights within the US.

3. What fare class do you usually buy?
I usually only buy economy, ideally, the only way I'd fly business or first class would be with points.

4. Are you able to choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
The travel is for work, but it's my own company so I get to choose. As stated, I fly to East Africa. I have found that the best flights are using KLM (skyteam), which stops in Paris or Amsterdam on the way. Emirates is nice, but the layovers are always very long. Turkish Airlines is cheap but can have awful service.

5. Which routes do you fly most often?
As I stated, mostly transatlantic flights between Houston and East Africa. I would do some domestic flights as well, but those are relatively a lot cheaper anyways.

6. What is your home airport?
Houston. IAH (George Bush Intercontinental) and William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)

7. Do you have status in any FFP? What is it? How miles do you have banked in each FFP, if any?
No, but I do have fresh SkyBonus, Skymiles, and Flying Blue accounts.

8. What are your preferred airlines, if any?
Not really for domestic. But as I stated, for my trips to East Africa, KLM operated ones seem to be best for me.

So, which should I use?

Thanks,
UPC
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Plat
If upgrades are important for you, especially on the night leg US->Europe, go with Delta Skymiles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.