Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

China Eastern flight through hotwire - do I earn skymiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP

I booked a couple lay flats round trips JFK to Manila in China Eastern's Business class - (I) to PVG and (J) to MNL - and same on return. I read recently that Delta doesn't award skymiles points for hotwire.com booked flights but I'm not seeing anything that shows China Eastern's policy. I have already called CE and had them apply our SM #s to the flights, but I'm also planning to check in at the counter and make sure they've got it on there.

So, should I count on the points? Would love to have them, but in the end, the ability to sleep on a 17 hour flight certainly outweighs the mileage potential.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:23 pm

Go here https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html and look at MU (ie China Eastern) and should be able to get your MQM, MQD and SM amount based on what you know about the flight (ie miles flown, Fare Class)
Keep in my that MQD if your on Biz Class such as "J" is 40% of the MILES FLOWN (and 200% MQM AND 200% Redeemable SM). Which can be substantial. And why if your looking for MQD and MQM, flying Biz on a Level 1 partner can be very helpful.
Hope that helps

Last edited by rizrizriz; Mar 24, 2018 at 11:25 pm Reason: sorry I see you mentioned your in J and I buckets.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:26 pm

Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP
Hi riz,

Appreciate the response. I’m aware of the potential, I referenced the class (I and J) in my post.

I’m excited to get the large payoff in points, but was just made nervous by the Hotwire comments in a Delta post I was reading. 😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.