Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot add GA Miles number to a SV booking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Cannot add GA Miles number to a SV booking

Last week I booked MXP-CGK ticket in J with Saudia for next February, as I do not have any Skyteam active FFP I enrolled with GarudaMiles as I'm based in Indonesia thus I guess having more chances to spend miles with them. While the booking process on SV website went smooth, GA number was refused as "invalid", I already make sure that 9 digit number is correct and confirmed that profile active at GarudaMiles website. Emailed already at GA CS with no answer. Does anyone had the similar case when booking with SV?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Update: GA Miles Number as been already linked to my booking, I just made sure on SV website. After the first post here I ever sent a request on the SV website to solve the technical issue and received the usual automatic reply. At the same time I also received a private message on FT from SkyTeam customer support for the same question, thus not sure which of them worked at first to solve my request, by the way, I was pleasantly surprised of being contacted by Skyteam and knowing they were interested in my request and at the end somebody worked on it.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Are you saying that there is a Skyteam representative here on FT? I don't think that is public (or known to others). While this may have been totally fine, be careful who you send your booking details to.

Perhaps the person helping you could identify themselves, so that they can offer support on FT the 'official' way
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BobFF68
Update: GA Miles Number as been already linked to my booking, I just made sure on SV website. After the first post here I ever sent a request on the SV website to solve the technical issue and received the usual automatic reply. At the same time I also received a private message on FT from SkyTeam customer support for the same question, thus not sure which of them worked at first to solve my request, by the way, I was pleasantly surprised of being contacted by Skyteam and knowing they were interested in my request and at the end somebody worked on it.
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Are you saying that there is a Skyteam representative here on FT? I don't think that is public (or known to others). While this may have been totally fine, be careful who you send your booking details to.

Perhaps the person helping you could identify themselves, so that they can offer support on FT the 'official' way
Indeed, I am very surprised to hear that. That would be great news if confirmed.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

I think address .. @Skyteam.com should be genuine, even more no sensitive data (such as PNR code) were asked or given, they were only making sure I did the correct procedure during booking such as selecting proper FFP program in the drop down menu. After I confirmed, they just replied will follow up to SV, it really seems ST has representatives keeping an eye on FT forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.