Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

New YVR Skyteam Lounge details

Old Nov 8, 17, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!

My reconaissance skills:

https://imgur.com/a/PXu4s

Should be opening soon.

It's across from the CX lounge on the other side.
Old Nov 8, 17, 10:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus
I hope it will open soon. The Plaza Premium Lounge is really disappointing.
Old Nov 15, 17, 3:16 pm

This lounge opened yesterday.

https://loungereview.com/first-look-...couver-lounge/

Looks quite nice, I'd be interested to take a look if I ever flew Skyteam. Looks like they emulated the noodle bar that PP lounge had (which members were used to). I hope this means that PP isn't taking away the noodle bar.
Old Nov 15, 17, 7:14 pm

I'll probably have a DL flight from YVR to the US before the end of the year, but I believe I won't be able to access the Skyteam lounge as it is located in the international departure area which is not the same as the US departure area.
Old Nov 15, 17, 9:46 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska MVP, Marriott Platinum / Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP View Post
I'll probably have a DL flight from YVR to the US before the end of the year, but I believe I won't be able to access the Skyteam lounge as it is located in the international departure area which is not the same as the US departure area.
That is correct. With the exception of the Phillipines Airlines and Cathay flights to JFK, there are no flights to the US departing from the international terminal. All the Delta flights leave from the US Transborder area where there is US CBP pre-clearance. I can't speak for whether CATSA will let you into the international area with a US boarding pass. I don't even think there is a public walkway between international & US departures on the concourse. . .
Old Nov 15, 17, 10:54 pm

I poste the following tweet:
Hey, can passengers on @Delta flights to the US access the skyteam lounge?
And got the below reply from @YVRairport
The lounge is located in international departures area, separate post-security area, so unfortunately we don't believe so.
Old Nov 22, 17, 10:40 pm

The noodle bar is better than in the PP. You can order from two types of noodle offerings (e.g. wonton) as well as side dishes of dim sum.

I would say the food offering is a bit higher class than at the PP - the SkyTeam lounge food offerings include smoked salmon and premium desserts.

By the way, Priority Pass holders also have access.

Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship View Post
This lounge opened yesterday.

https://loungereview.com/first-look-...couver-lounge/

Looks quite nice, I'd be interested to take a look if I ever flew Skyteam. Looks like they emulated the noodle bar that PP lounge had (which members were used to). I hope this means that PP isn't taking away the noodle bar.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 22, 17 at 10:42 pm Reason: add Priority Pass comment
Old Jan 17, 18, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 View Post
All the Delta flights leave from the US Transborder area where there is US CBP pre-clearance. I can't speak for whether CATSA will let you into the international area with a US boarding pass. I don't even think there is a public walkway between international & US departures on the concourse. . .
During the summer when DL flies the YVR-JFK route, this red-eye has been known to leave from the international D gates because CBP has already closed for the day. This may be one of the rare situations where a DL pax may have access.
Old Mar 11, 18, 4:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 View Post
That is correct. With the exception of the Phillipines Airlines and Cathay flights to JFK, there are no flights to the US departing from the international terminal. All the Delta flights leave from the US Transborder area where there is US CBP pre-clearance. I can't speak for whether CATSA will let you into the international area with a US boarding pass. I don't even think there is a public walkway between international & US departures on the concourse. . .
There may be on exception. If transferring off a domestic flight onto a US flight the normal route for making this connection is Domestic Concourse to International Concourse and from International to Trans-boarder.
Old Apr 12, 18, 5:44 pm

I was at the Skyteam lounge in YVR for the first time yesterday, and I'm shocked by how small the lounge is (compared to the one in LHR) and how cramped it is.
Luckily the lounge was almost empty, but if and when it's full, it seems hard to stretch your legs without hitting the legs of the person facing you.
Old Apr 15, 18, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, AS Boardroom, AA ExPlat
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP View Post
I was at the Skyteam lounge in YVR for the first time yesterday, and I'm shocked by how small the lounge is (compared to the one in LHR) and how cramped it is.
Luckily the lounge was almost empty, but if and when it's full, it seems hard to stretch your legs without hitting the legs of the person facing you.
Nonsense. I'm in here now. It is big, airy and well-appointed. Light woods and white furniture throughout. Pod-like-seating at one end. Tables and counters, closer to the buffet area at the other. Wonderful view of tarmac along the whole of one side. I looking at an A380 in the distance.Three kinds of smoked salmon, plus noodles and dumplings made to order a la CX lounge in SFO. Plenty of other food options. Power outlets are a little sparse, but that's a quibble. If you sit at one of the counters, outlets are everywhere. Only at tables are outlets uncommon. A couple showers are tucked in the back. Man, if someone would complain about this, they would complain about anything. Lovely spot. Glad I stopped in. Headiing to ICN in an hour or so on KE 72.
Old Apr 16, 18, 11:05 pm

Shot taken a week ago.
So I'm not sure how you stretch your legs if someone is sitting in front of you.
Old Nov 30, 18, 5:29 pm
cur

Programs: fwp diamond, dykwia elite
this is a very dinky lounge if you like width but if you know which corners and which way to go you will find beautiful tranquil lying down/sleeping/working spaces. and this is the only lounge to have lay flat loungers for us loungers to lounge on.

in my view food is 3.75/5 out of a global lounge standard. huge emphasis here on smoked salmon (which was ok i guess, but i found it ok only because it was exotic more than satisfying) the noodle bar is awesome, it's open all day and at least in the evening you can write down for the lady what you want. nothing amazing but by vancouer standards this is nice and by airport standards this is top of the line.

but there tons of staff here micromanaging. honestly i think at peak it was 1 staff: 5 custoemr. i was in the very corner bed area and i'd see a person leer around my bed (i only had one sparkling water) every hour. also you go to the buffet the biggest traffic was managers standing around. i hung out here at the skyteam lounge for 4 hours and poured myself probably a 4th jack neat and i got passively eyed down by the managers. it's extra.

this place is very nice. i went to the maple leaf lounge, the plaza lounge, and this is by far the best.
Goldorak and tris06 like this.
Old Nov 30, 18, 9:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I wouldn't care what a manager thought about what I drank. Actually I would give a negative review if they even dared. The only instance where I think it reasonable they could limit your consumption was if you were very drunk and causing issues in the lounge. Thankfully for airline lounges I am not really a drinker so the odd Bailey's and mostly soft drinks are unlikely to cost them too much.
Old Dec 30, 18, 6:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
Which lounges would be available to me coming in from CAN on CZ in Biz class then connecting to SEA? I've got 4 hours. I'm STE+ and also have Priority Pass.

EDIT: There is no SkyTeam lounge available. Only a Air Canada lounge and a Plaza Premium lounge. I accessed the Plaza Premium lounge because I have Priority Pass. It was not very nice, but I was able to get 2 hours of sleep.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Jan 8, 19 at 7:34 am

Search this Thread