Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

New YVR Skyteam Lounge details

New YVR Skyteam Lounge details

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
So I checked the hours of this lounge and apparently it's opened 24/7/365?

I've only been to this lounge once and that was two years ago before I flew off to HKG in the morning. I only had breakfast there and I thought it was ok. I have an evening flight coming up. Just wondering what's the food like for dinner and do they still offer dinner or decent food if my flight is at 2 AM? Is the Air China and Cathay Pacific departure gates near the SkyTeam Lounge?

Thx.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
If I recall correctly, the noodle bar is closing around midnight.
The international terminal at YVR is not too big, so you won't be too far from your departure gate.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
If I recall correctly, the noodle bar is closing around midnight.
The international terminal at YVR is not too big, so you won't be too far from your departure gate.
Oh ok, can I still expect to get hot food after midnight?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
The buffet should still have some hot food (pasta, meatballs, rice and vegetables when I was there around a year ago), but I don't know if they are refilling it
I just double checked, the noodle bar closes at 12:40 am.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
I have this crazy hypothesis that passengers connecting from Canada -> USA will be able to access the SkyTeam lounge in YVR.

I say this because based on maps of the connections/terminals, at YVR, if you follow the signs after your plane lands in the domestic terminal "to USA", you need to enter the International departure hall first after a boarding pass check. Once you're in the International departure hall, I don't see why you can't access the SkyTeam Lounge assuming you meet the required (STE+ or First/Business). After you've enjoyed your stay, then go through US pre-clearance only accessible through the International departure hall.

Will try this in a couple months (Westjet -> Delta) and report back. One year ago me wasn't smart enough to attempt this apparently on my last YYZ->YVR->SEA flight... though the lounge was probably closed at the time anyway.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
I have this crazy hypothesis that passengers connecting from Canada -> USA will be able to access the SkyTeam lounge in YVR.

I say this because based on maps of the connections/terminals, at YVR, if you follow the signs after your plane lands in the domestic terminal "to USA", you need to enter the International departure hall first after a boarding pass check. Once you're in the International departure hall, I don't see why you can't access the SkyTeam Lounge assuming you meet the required (STE+ or First/Business). After you've enjoyed your stay, then go through US pre-clearance only accessible through the International departure hall.

Will try this in a couple months (Westjet -> Delta) and report back. One year ago me wasn't smart enough to attempt this apparently on my last YYZ->YVR->SEA flight... though the lounge was probably closed at the time anyway.
Not sure if you’ve done this trip yet but yes, you should have no problems doing this. I used to transit from YLW / YKA to SEA a couple times a month for about 2 years. Unfortunately, only thought of doing this on one of my last trips but it worked fine. Security / immigration only took more than 10 minutes a couple of times.
lsquare and SoroSuub1 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by IggySD
Not sure if you’ve done this trip yet but yes, you should have no problems doing this. I used to transit from YLW / YKA to SEA a couple times a month for about 2 years. Unfortunately, only thought of doing this on one of my last trips but it worked fine. Security / immigration only took more than 10 minutes a couple of times.
Amazing - good to hear.

I never took the trip because of Omicron but will keep this in my back pocket for next time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.