Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/AF Benefits Confusion

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Delta/AF Benefits Confusion

Hi, not sure if this is the right thread but giving it a shot.

I'm trying to fly from NYC-CDG. With the pending electronics ban, it looks like it'll be easier to fly YUL-CDG instead, besides it's also about $300-$400 cheaper. I'm planning on positioning with an award flight.

Here's the issue, most of the flights are operated by AF. MQM earning wise, that's fine but...where I'm confused:

1) Do I need to book via Delta.com or AF.com in order to make sure my DM benefits, like preferred seating etc, is recognized at booking?

2) AF allows mileage and cash upgrades (right?), but would that require booking through Delta.com or AF.com?

I basically want to retain the option to upgrade with cash or miles without getting bent over backwards by Delta pricing and/or being forced into using a GUC. Also, if I don't upgrade, I want to make sure I can get "comfort"/preferred seats for free - otherwise, I may as well try to find something on Delta metal and pay the increased price.

Thanks for the help.
Old May 16, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bybridges
Hi, not sure if this is the right thread but giving it a shot.
If your programme is Delta Skymiles, and your question is to do with using Skymiles, then your question belongs in Skymiles.

Don't post again [double-posting is not allowed]; I have asked for this to be moved over.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Well if you are a Delta Skymiles member I'd call delta and book the flight, if you book through Air France you won't earn the full MQD's or full Milage that you would earn when booked through delta. You would however get the 100% MQM's.

I recommend calling Delta directly and book. I was recently on a delta booking, but the return was on KLM. I was able to upgrade to business for 700 dollars, which is their discounted upgrades. Delta was charging 4000 dollars to get a business class seat on the return leg. So I think Air France operates the same since it is also Flying Blue. And yes you will get your Skyteam Elite Plus benefits on skyteam flights if you are a DM.

Sorry for the bad grammar.

P.s. Wow just realized this was from May.... woops

Last edited by jonathanbak; Jun 26, 2017 at 7:21 pm Reason: Old thread... Woooopsy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.